Anne lay apostle
I got a friend that is really big on this person. She supposedly gets messages every month from Jesus himself.

When I read them they all seem to be very generic, general, fluffy, reads a bit like a romance novel stuff which makes me wonder what is going on here.

This is the website Direction for Our Times

Any thoughts.
The fact that her apostolate is centered around here 10 books (which you have to buy, of course) is kind of disturbing.
I've never bothered with reading any of her stuff, but I see her books laying around the parish I attend and at the local Catholic bookstore.  Something about them creeps me out.

A friend of mine who is a novice really likes them and while reading them and taking them to heart doesn't say that they are absolutely from Jesus.  If nothing else he said it was good spiritual stuff to read.  I read somewhere else though that the lady "Anne" is the same lady who wrote some other books that were bad... I don't remember exactly... it was ages ago.  I think it was something about justifying divorce... but don't quote me on that.  In fact... don't pay any attention to this post.  All my thoughts come from a year and a half ago and I have a terrible memory.
I read that she did follow the proper path for such things, in that she submitted her writings to her Bishop, who approved them, (http://www.directionforourtimes.com/churchposition.html ,) and has supposedly since then passed them along to the CDF. If it were me, though, I wouldn't have published the books until hearing back from the CDF. It's one thing to publish a general theological book with just a Bishop's "Imprematur" (forgive my spelling,) but quite another when the content is from an alleged private revelation. Basically, I'm waiting for the CDF to make a deceleration one way or the other before I read any of it. "Anne" has, to her credit, certainly behaved better than the Medjugorie lot, which already renders me more favorable.

Oh, and you don't have to pay for the books unless you want a hard copy: http://www.directionforourtimes.com/onlinevolumes.html
JesusFreak84 Wrote:I read that she did follow the proper path for such things, in that she submitted her writings to her Bishop, who approved them, (http://www.directionforourtimes.com/churchposition.html ,) and has supposedly since then passed them along to the CDF. If it were me, though, I wouldn't have published the books until hearing back from the CDF. It's one thing to publish a general theological book with just a Bishop's "Imprematur" (forgive my spelling,) but quite another when the content is from an alleged private revelation. Basically, I'm waiting for the CDF to make a deceleration one way or the other before I read any of it. "Anne" has, to her credit, certainly behaved better than the Medjugorie lot, which already renders me more favorable.

Oh, and you don't have to pay for the books unless you want a hard copy: http://www.directionforourtimes.com/onlinevolumes.html

This certainly lends her more credibility in my eyes.  Of course, I'm also not the judge of these matters.  Then again, I usually don't have a strong pull toward private revelation anyway, unless you count the Rosary and the Brown Scapular.  Even then, both are more centered on my devotion to Mary and love of the Carmelite Order than they are on the private revelations surrounding them.
It would generally be not a good sign for a person to be going around proclaiming "revelations" supposedly made to themselves.
rood_screen_guy Wrote:
JesusFreak84 Wrote:I read that she did follow the proper path for such things, in that she submitted her writings to her Bishop, who approved them, (http://www.directionforourtimes.com/churchposition.html ,) and has supposedly since then passed them along to the CDF. If it were me, though, I wouldn't have published the books until hearing back from the CDF. It's one thing to publish a general theological book with just a Bishop's "Imprematur" (forgive my spelling,) but quite another when the content is from an alleged private revelation. Basically, I'm waiting for the CDF to make a deceleration one way or the other before I read any of it. "Anne" has, to her credit, certainly behaved better than the Medjugorie lot, which already renders me more favorable.

This certainly lends her more credibility in my eyes.  Of course, I'm also not the judge of these matters.  Then again, I usually don't have a strong pull toward private revelation anyway, unless you count the Rosary and the Brown Scapular.  Even then, both are more centered on my devotion to Mary and love of the Carmelite Order than they are on the private revelations surrounding them.

No mystic I have ever heard of has approached their ordinary to publish their own visions. They have always divulged what they were shown or told only out of obedience to their superiors or directors. This seems odd.
Does it matter if the visionary is lay or religious? A consecrated religious or priest, I would say, has an even stronger "obedience" chain than does a laywoman. Still, if I thought I was receiving some kind of "vision," I'd probably first go to my Bishop, too. (OK, my Archdiocese is huge, so I'd probably have to settle for the parish priest, and I don't think he believes in the devil, much less private revelation, but that's another story.)

If the rumored forthcoming document from the Vatican of rules regarding private revelation contains what rumors say it does, I *think* "Anne" has acted accordingly. Again, though, I'm waiting for the CDF to decide.
Never heard of her. Although I'm pretty hesitant to believe anything written by someone who claims to have God speaking to or through them, so I suppose it doesn't matter.