"USA Dies Next Year" Says High Russian Scholar
Whether he's right or not, though, I did get a chuckle when it said he's been predicting this for a decade.  Only a decade?  I bet you could find plenty of ex-KGB agents who have been predicting the imminent collapse of the US for fifty years.  (Well, considering the life expectancy of Russian men, maybe not that long.)
buttons, backrubs, bumper-cars
Though I realize people have been predicting the Second Coming for 2000 years, a wild part of me really thinks it'll be in the next 50-100 years(maybe even in my lifetime!).  It scares me to death, but the wild part thinks it would be quite an experience.

On a lighter note: bears, bystanders, and bacon!

Brezhnev, Brodsky, Berezovsky
oops, forgot a very important one -

beer.
Gondalus Wrote:Though I realize people have been predicting the Second Coming for 2000 years, a wild part of me really thinks it'll be in the next 50-100 years(maybe even in my lifetime!).  It scares me to death, but the wild part thinks it would be quite an experience.

On a lighter note: bears, bystanders, and bacon!

It is always within 123 years, because when we die, we are dead, no matter what happens to the rest of the world. We can die in the next moment, or in 108 years (you have to be 18 to use this forum, and the oldest person on record is 122 years, and statistically speaking, I think we can assume no one here is going to make it beyond 123). We should all be ready now.
Basileus Basil Bulgaroktonos of Byzantium
[Image: 200px-BasilII.jpg]

"Big brown bear, blue bull, beautiful baboon, blowing bubbles, biking backwards..."

The B Book. A classic but with a depressing ending. Poor baby bird. :cry:
beer.
ONeill Wrote:
cunctas_haereses Wrote:Bullets, beans, bandaids.

This post has been brought to us by the letter "B".

[Image: laff.gif]
Bright, bland boomboxes bought big, bad bicycles.