Modesty back in fashion as economy worsens?
(12-12-2009, 05:04 PM)Rosarium Wrote: I was going to say that!

You're losing it - getting slow since you trimmed your beard...
There is a great book out there called "Dressing with Dignity" by Colleen Hammond.  The standards for modesty are taken from some catholic documents I have seen posted here on a topic about pants, but I ncan't remember the name of the documents.  I think there is a new modesty movement out there, but it is young and needs encouragement to grow.  I plan on using the guidelines in the book for myself & my daughteres.
Ooh! Someone said the C-H word!  Makes me wish I was still reading Fisheaters...
(12-18-2009, 11:38 AM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: Ooh! Someone said the C-H word!  Makes me wish I was still reading Fisheaters...
Hey, mister! Advent ain't over yet.
(12-15-2009, 01:05 AM)SearchingCatholic Wrote: There is a great book out there called "Dressing with Dignity" by Colleen Hammond.  The standards for modesty are taken from some catholic documents I have seen posted here on a topic about pants, but I ncan't remember the name of the documents.  I think there is a new modesty movement out there, but it is young and needs encouragement to grow.  I plan on using the guidelines in the book for myself & my daughteres.
Nothing short of childbirth could get Erin not to respond to this!  :laughing:
(12-18-2009, 12:51 PM)Anastasia Wrote:
(12-15-2009, 01:05 AM)SearchingCatholic Wrote: There is a great book out there called "Dressing with Dignity" by Colleen Hammond.  The standards for modesty are taken from some catholic documents I have seen posted here on a topic about pants, but I ncan't remember the name of the documents.  I think there is a new modesty movement out there, but it is young and needs encouragement to grow.  I plan on using the guidelines in the book for myself & my daughteres.
Nothing short of childbirth could get Erin not to respond to this!  :laughing:

:shame:

:laughing:
(12-12-2009, 05:15 PM)Texican Wrote: You're losing it - getting slow since you trimmed your beard...

This makes sense now!  Rosarium's beard must be his source of insufferable wit and uncanny intelligence about everything from Fortran to kettlebells.  He's a modern-day Samson.

So now all he has to do is pull down the columns of the U.S. Capitol, crushing himself, Obama, and all the politicians under the rubble!
(12-18-2009, 01:09 PM)Stephanos Wrote:
(12-12-2009, 05:15 PM)Texican Wrote: You're losing it - getting slow since you trimmed your beard...

This makes sense now!  Rosarium's beard must be his source of insufferable wit and uncanny intelligence about everything from Fortran to kettlebells.  He's a modern-day Samson.

So now all he has to do is pull down the columns of the U.S. Capitol, crushing himself, Obama, and all the politicians under the rubble!
You beat me to it.  How did I not see this thread until today...