What's your confirmation name? (newest thread)
Michael and I was 13 (I think...).  It was 8th grade I believe, but it may have been 7th.  Not sure.
QuisUtDeus Wrote:Michael and I was 13 (I think...). It was 8th grade I believe, but it may have been 7th. Not sure.

Of course Michael was your confirmation name "Quis Ut Deus" :wink:
Thérèse; 16.
I converted in 2002 at age 18 and chose two - one as baptismal and one as confirmation. Don't honestly remember now which is which. But they are St. Bernadette & St. Therese the Little Flower.

It was very hard to choose!

I have two - Pascal Baylon and Joseph. I was 19 when I was Confirmed.
I was nine. Didn't get to pick a new name....which is just as well, I've already got half a dozen :D
I wanted to choose St. Sebastian, because he was a brave martyred soldier, but being that I am a girl, my seventh grade teacher, Sister M. William, told me no, I had to choose a female saint's name. So I put down "Bridie" knowing it to be a dirivative of Bridget or Brigid. Bridie was my dead grandmother's name. The nun wrote down "Bridget" and that's what I got when I got slapped by Bishop Guilfoyle of San Francisco Archdiocese at age 13. I am happy with it.[Image: prayer3.gif]
Athanasius - just over a year ago at age 21.
incrucetrad Wrote:I wanted to choose St. Sebastian, because he was a brave martyred soldier, but being that I am a girl, my seventh grade teacher, Sister M. William, told me no, I had to choose a female saint's name. So I put down "Bridie" knowing it to be a dirivative of Bridget or Brigid. Bridie was my dead grandmother's name. The nun wrote down "Bridget" and that's what I got when I got slapped by Bishop Guilfoyle of San Francisco Archdiocese at age 13. I am happy with it.[Image: prayer3.gif]

Why would he slap you? Very poignant story.
loggats Wrote:Why would he slap you? Very poignant story.

I assume that refers to the light strike on the cheek in Confirmation, after the sacrament itself. I believe, like many other things in the NOM, it's "optional". Hence if you were confirmed in the NO rites, you may or may not have gotten one.