Another liberal RCIA class.
I attend RCIA here because I started late (month and a half late) and this was the only parish that would let me start at that time. I started noticing the liberal teachings weeks ago and attend Mass at other parishes. I only attend Mass here when it's required, which unfortunately, is every Sunday from now until Easter.

I do not plan on returning once I'm done.

Since the pastor is in agreement with the RCIA director about this, if I were you, I would approach the Bishop with the issue.  I had a bad RCIA experience as well, but this is beyond terrible.  This woman is more than just a casual heretic, as she is inciting outright rebellion against the church from within it.  This should not just be tolerated.  If your bishop is in agreement with her as well, you may want to look at either contacting the USSCB or start writing letters to the Vatican.
Inion_Coinin Wrote:Since the pastor is in agreement with the RCIA director about this, if I were you, I would approach the Bishop with the issue.  I had a bad RCIA experience as well, but this is beyond terrible.  This woman is more than just a casual heretic, as she is inciting outright rebellion against the church from within it.  This should not just be tolerated.  If your bishop is in agreement with her as well, you may want to look at either contacting the USSCB or start writing letters to the Vatican.

This is another "tricky" situation. The parish is a religious order parish, not a diocesan parish (it is run by Spiritans). Should I contact the head of the order as well, or still contact the Bishop?
damooster Wrote:This is another "tricky" situation. The parish is a religious order parish, not a diocesan parish (it is run by Spiritans). Should I contact the head of the order as well, or still contact the Bishop?

Yes, you are right, contact the head of the order.  This order may be operating "outside the church" though informally.

I know it is a hardship, but I would suggest that you not convert through this order, and I would urge you to communicate to them exactly why.  Especially if you have an interest in traditionalism, I'm sure that you are called to be Catholic, not some kind of pseudo-catholic operating in direct rebellion to the church.  If you complete your catechesis here, just for the sake of getting it over with, you may come to doubt the validity of your baptism, your confirmation, etc.  This happens to many, myself included, who go through such liberal parishes to receive their first sacraments.

You also may want to contact your local diocesan bishop's office to see if there is any way you can go through with receiving the sacraments through them.  Explain the situation to them, express  your longing to be in full communion with the church ASAP.  Don't take no for an answer.

Let's get this absolutely clear, damooster.

The Church has categorically stated on more than one occasion that the Church cannot and will not ordain women, now or in the future. End of story.

Quote:Only a baptized man receives sacred ordination. The Lord Jesus chose men to form the college of the twelve apostles, and the apostles did the same when they chose collaborators to succeed them in their ministry. The college of bishops, with whom the priests are united in the priesthood, makes the college of the twelve an ever-present and ever-active reality until Christ’s return. The Church recognizes herself to be bound by this choice made by the Lord Himself. For this reason the ordination of women is not possible. 
CCC 1577

Further more, the Vatican has stated explicitly in the media that any women and the bishops who try to ordain women will be automatically excommunicated from the Church.

Vatican to punish women priests

This insidious conspiratorial rebellion must be rooted out and stamped out. Under no circumstances should such a thing be permitted to be taught as part of the Catholic Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults . Make no mistake damooster, this is a serious matter and I would strongly advise you to take the matter further.
FLEE FROM THIS PARISH - as fast as you can.  If the priest is allowing such a woman to, first off, speak in authority over him, and secondly, to shell out her ultra-liberal and extremely heretical views to would-be converts - then flee quickly from there and NEVER go back!
But first, I would stand up in your next (and final) class and announce why you are leaving - announce the Traditional teachings of the Church with well prepared sources - and try to take as many with you as possible.  Their souls may depend upon it...

Find a solid Traditional parish, preferably an SSPX or perhaps an FSSP parish (stay away from CMRI and SSPV, for they are outside of the Church due to their sedevacantism).  Do not allow such heresy to be spoken to you in what is supposed to be the House of God.

Remember, there is only ONE kind of Catholicism - and that is Traditional Catholicism, for we are a Church wrought in Tradition from the time of the Apostles.  What you are attending is quite simply Protestantism, and is most definitely NOT Catholicism.

Is there a FSSP parish there or other traditional fraternity you can go to? I would second the oppinion on getting out of there under those circumstances. God Bless you in your conversion to the Catholic faith; you stepped onto the battlefield - now make haste where you can get fed meat and potatoes before getting back into the fight.

Ruination_ipa Wrote:Is there a FSSP parish there or other traditional fraternity you can go to? I would second the oppinion on getting out of there under those circumstances. God Bless you in your conversion to the Catholic faith; you stepped onto the battlefield - now make haste where you can get fed meat and potatoes before getting back into the fight.

I'm not sure. How would I go about finding one?
Look for one: http://www.fssp.org/en/index.htm
damooster, let me just say how sorry I am to see you in this predicament. I went through a really bad RCIA class myself at one time but at least they didnt try to say that women should be ordained!!! I dont know if you looked at wikimissa but there seems to be a Latin Mass offered in Alexandria. Maybe you could try to go there and see if you can receive the sacraments by a priest that might be a bit more open to Tradition and in line with the Church's teaching.

ALEXANDRIA - St Lawrence the Martyr Catholic Church 6222 Franconia Rd
Sun 12:30 pm
Pho (703) 971-4378
Diocese (Fr Christopher Mould)