Wonderful new website for Tridentine Latin Mass in San Antonio
Traditional Latin Mass in San Antonio

Youtube Channel

Enjoy!
Thank you for the link
thank you for the link.

It is a pity that with all the beautiful traditional styled catholic churches in san Antonio that the Latin mass is held at 2 very modern looking ones.

Perhaps we should try to do something about that. It is hard to think on the splendor that is the church and it's history when looking at artwork that looks like it was created by hippies.

St Mary's downtown would be an excellent choice IMO - and since they are a downtown parish could use the extra funds that having a TLM would bring in.

I,too, like that the latin mass is offered and take into consideration that with the priests getting started having a Roman Catholic church designed the way it should be is a future goal.  I agree with the other reply the churches in the pictures are modern.

Be sure that with offering a latin mass the priest is to have gone throught the seven levels to priest:  porter, exorcist, lector, alcolyte, sub deacon, deacon and priest.

CJL
dakotamidnight Wrote:thank you for the link.

It is a pity that with all the beautiful traditional styled catholic churches in san Antonio that the Latin mass is held at 2 very modern looking ones.

Perhaps we should try to do something about that. It is hard to think on the splendor that is the church and it's history when looking at artwork that looks like it was created by hippies.

St Mary's downtown would be an excellent choice IMO - and since they are a downtown parish could use the extra funds that having a TLM would bring in.
While I certainly agree with you, there is definitely a lot worse out there than St. Pius X, architecturally speaking. St. Pius at least has the fundamentals correct. But I do love how on either side of the alter there are the flags of each of the branches of the military, due to our close proximity to Fort Sam Houston. As well as the Vatican flag and Texas flag of course. Plus we have Father Kloster, bane of all demons and evil spirits! [Image: jabs.gif]

St. Joseph's downtown would be amazing too, for the record.

It is a pity that with all the beautiful traditional styled catholic churches in San Antonio that the Latin mass is held at 2 very modern looking ones.

Before the Motu Propio, the TLM was held in a tiny nursing home chapel.  It was very cramped.  After the MP, a letter was sent out to all the churches in San Antonio asking the pastors if their parish could be used for a TLM.  The only one who responded was Fr. McHugh at St. Pius X.  Unfortunately, St. Pius X is a spaceship parish.

(Someone please correct me if I am wrong)  Father Kloster does not have his own parish.  He is the priest spearheading the entire TLM movement in San Antonio.  However, he is at the mercy of pastors to be able to use any parish for a public TLM.

St. Joseph's downtown would also be a good place for the TLM.  Just a couple of changes, and there could be a beautiful high altar there. 
Carthusian Wrote:(Someone please correct me if I am wrong) Father Kloster does not have his own parish. He is the priest spearheading the entire TLM movement in San Antonio. However, he is at the mercy of pastors to be able to use any parish for a public TLM.
I know Introibo mentioned that he belonged to a diocese in Connecticut for a time and tried to fit in at a few parishes, but things didn't quite work out. Introibo could probably give more details.

Spaceship parish...I still think that's a bit harsh! Father McHugh has added the giant face of Our Lady of Guadalupe in the back, as well the two new statues in the two niches on either side of the foyer area that are very beautiful and very traditional in style...I've think they've done a commendable job tradding up a modernistic style church.

But rest assured, Father Kloster is a rising star in the TLM movement and one to watch.

BeateMariae Wrote:Traditional Latin Mass in San Antonio

Youtube Channel

Enjoy!

Wow. That is awesome.
BeateMariae Wrote:

While I certainly agree with you, there is definitely a lot worse out there than St. Pius X, architecturally speaking. St. Pius at least has the fundamentals correct. But I do love how on either side of the alter there are the flags of each of the branches of the military, due to our close proximity to Fort Sam Houston. As well as the Vatican flag and Texas flag of course. Plus we have Father Kloster, bane of all demons and evil spirits! [Image: jabs.gif]

St. Joseph's downtown would be amazing too, for the record.

Oh yes there are FAR worse - I've been to a few of those *shudder*

I haven't been to St joseph's - need to check that one out someday when I'm downtown. I've always loved the exterior of it, and took pics before I lived here, but never been inside.
Carthusian Wrote:

It is a pity that with all the beautiful traditional styled catholic churches in San Antonio that the Latin mass is held at 2 very modern looking ones.

Before the Motu Propio, the TLM was held in a tiny nursing home chapel.  It was very cramped.  After the MP, a letter was sent out to all the churches in San Antonio asking the pastors if their parish could be used for a TLM.  The only one who responded was Fr. McHugh at St. Pius X.  Unfortunately, St. Pius X is a spaceship parish.

(Someone please correct me if I am wrong)  Father Kloster does not have his own parish.  He is the priest spearheading the entire TLM movement in San Antonio.  However, he is at the mercy of pastors to be able to use any parish for a public TLM.

St. Joseph's downtown would also be a good place for the TLM.  Just a couple of changes, and there could be a beautiful high altar there. 

I see - I wonder if a group of us went to SPEAK with the pastor of St Mary's or St Josephs, if perhaps that might change things. Sometimes actions speak louder than words.

I know when I attended St Mary's downtown for Ash Wednesday, it was mentioned that they were in need of contributions, as they are a inner city parish with few families, and run several mission programs for the homeless, etc. It seemed to me that moving the TLM there would work best for both the parish and the TLM supporters group. Of course parking would be an issue for some though. For myself it would be MUCH easier to get there on the Bus that to St Pius X {which is a large reason why I have not attended there}