TLM TV commercial

How sweet is this...it ran on 90 spots all last week on different channels here in San Antonio. Took many weeks of special collections to make this happen.

But how cool is this? A TV commercial for the Latin Mass?!

It was OK.  It would have been better if the women were wearing veils.
QuisUtDeus: You find a commercial for the mass to be lacking because of the lack of veils? There is something funny there... :) 
Perhaps, in the modernist scheme of things, it is good. One doesn't get far with big jumps. I assume this commercial (I didn't watch it) is directed towards people who are unfamiliar with the mass, and perhaps having no big difference in the congregation is a beneficial thing. Once one starts going to the mass, wearing a veil isn't a big thing, but it may be seen as odd for a first exposure, especially for a commercial...

Could've been better.  But, given the way orthodox/traditional Catholics make things, not bad (I'm thinking about YOU EWTN and your cheesy commercials and such).

Always good to see the TLM being promoted!

Could've been much better?  It was OK?

Nothing like perpetuating the image of the stuck-up traditionalist.

I thought it was great.  Thanks for posting this.

I thought it was good. It's great to see the TLM promoted(ugly stained glass windows though). I disagree about the EWTN comment this didn't seem like EWTN to me there were no dancing Monks or rock music and Scott Hahn wasn't commenting.[Image: rockonsmiley.gif]
Dewi Wrote:Could've been much better?  It was OK?

The ad was just okay. There was nothing about the commercial that really stood out graphically or ascetically. It was a lower-end production. At the beginning of the commercial you can even see one of the other cameras in the commercial. 

The content itself was good, and the producers are to be lauded for their effort. Hopefully the commercial piqued people's interest in the Latin Mass, and hopefully more parishes will follow suit. However there really was nothing overly amazing about the spot. Just because one says this doesn't make them a, "stuck-up traditionalist."

There's also no such thing as the, "Extraordinary Form of the Latin Mass." Perhaps they meant, "Latin Rite."
Credo Wrote:There's also no such thing as the, "Extraordinary Form of the Latin Mass." Perhaps they meant, "Latin Rite."

Oy. If you really want to split hairs, she said "Extraordinary Rite of the Latin Mass."
The ad was mediocre, but I do greatly appreciate the effort.
Dewi Wrote:Could've been much better?  It was OK?

I thought it was great.  Thanks for posting this.

Nothing like perpetuating the image of the luke-warm borderline Neo-Catholic, either.