TLM TV commercial
I think we're evaluting the advertisement incorrectly.

There are a remarkable number of good, upstanding Catholics who have no idea that the TLM even exists.  Really, I think many of us have forgotten that most of the Novus Ordo world doesn't even know traditional Catholics exist.  I didn't know trads existed until about a year and a half ago.

This commercial meets this basic goal: tell people it exists and that it's legal to go.  There has been so much misinformation about the TLM over the years that it's important to give these simple little commercials their fair airing.
Zyphane Wrote:Oy. If you really want to split hairs, she said "Extraordinary Rite of the Latin Mass."

Touché.
WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:I think we're evaluting the advertisement incorrectly.

There are a remarkable number of good, upstanding Catholics who have no idea that the TLM even exists.  Really, I think many of us have forgotten that most of the Novus Ordo world doesn't even know traditional Catholics exist.  I didn't know trads existed until about a year and a half ago.

This commercial meets this basic goal: tell people it exists and that it's legal to go.  There has been so much misinformation about the TLM over the years that it's important to give these simple little commercials their fair airing.

I agree, that's what I found OK about it.  It told people about the TLM.  However, it was lacking in some areas, which is why I thought it could have been better.

the true test will be does it bring more people back to the TLM

honestly it wouldn't overly make me want to go, and I live near there.

Like it or not, it is nice to see the TLM being promoted on TV throughout San Antonio.  It looks like this footage was taken during a school TLM...not during the Sunday High Mass.  If it was filmed on Sunday, most of the women would have been wearing veils. 
Carthusian Wrote:Like it or not, it is nice to see the TLM being promoted on TV throughout San Antonio.  It looks like this footage was taken during a school TLM...not during the Sunday High Mass.  If it was filmed on Sunday, most of the women would have been wearing veils. 

So the school there is doing TLM's as well?

Just curious
dakotamidnight Wrote:So the school there is doing TLM's as well?

Just curious

I think there might be a school TLM once a month.  I am not sure...I have not been back to San Antonio in a while.

The girls in the choir are students.  Also, when the camera pans and shows the entire congregation, all are wearing uniforms of the school.
Looks pretty good to me.  It is, after all, only a TV commercial
Oh look, a novus ordo presbyter simulating a TLM.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

"If we was any kind of decent, we'd remove temptation from their path" POC2-Dead Man's Chest
Father Kloster is the man.

I'm really glad you guys are spreading the word via multimedia.