Greek Orthodox Archbishop compares Obama to Alexander the Great
(click link to see video)

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0309/20494.html

At the White House’s celebration of Greek Independence Day Wednesday afternoon, President Obama got a little unexpected flattery from Archbishop Demetrios, the head of the Greek Orthodox Church in the United States

Listing a series of challenges Obama will need to deal with as president, Demetrios predicted: Demetrios to Obama: "Following the brilliant example of Alexander the Great...you will be able to cut the Gordian knot of these unresolved issues."

Obama responded by making a face to the crowd, prompting laughter. And when he took the mic, he speculated on what the compliment could do for him at home.

"I will tell Michelle I have been compared to Alexander the Great. I will see if that gets me a little more respect,” said Obama, who conceded: “She's still the boss."
.....................................................................................
Ack! But then again what else would you expect from a schismatic. Although Obamination drives me crazy with anger, I thought his reaction on the video was pretty funny.

Actually, I'm not sure if I'd want to be compared to Alexander. He was great in the sense that he was a brave and smart military leader... but if he were born in the 20th century, he'd be with the likes of Hitler and Stalin in infamy.
The_Harlequin_King Wrote:Actually, I'm not sure if I'd want to be compared to Alexander. He was great in the sense that he was a brave and smart military leader... but if he were born in the 20th century, he'd be with the likes of Hitler and Stalin in infamy.

He was also bi-sexual and played by Colin Farrell yuck!

I used to have respect for the Greek Church, well that went bye bye.
The_Harlequin_King Wrote:Actually, I'm not sure if I'd want to be compared to Alexander. He was great in the sense that he was a brave and smart military leader... but if he were born in the 20th century, he'd be with the likes of Hitler and Stalin in infamy.
That I doubt. If you knew the true history about Hilter and Stalin you would not say that. They were no special men or special leaders or dictators but ignorant dupped men, one a fallen away Catholic and the other a fallen away Eastern Orthodox schismatic who even went to the seminary. I believe they were more consequences of their ages and nations than even their own men but I think Alexander the Great might at least be able to say he was his own man but we really don't know and wouldn't until the last day. What we do know is that every man receives God's Grace to be good by human free will and reason, many sadly refuse though. I pray and hope that with the Saints we will not refuse.
Quote: and the other a fallen away Eastern Orthodox schismatic who even went to the seminary.

I've noticed alot of people on this list refer to the "Eastern Orthodox schismatics."  But, I was under the impression that Latins were a little offended when Eastern Catholics refer to themselves as Eastern Orthodox.  So, since schismatic is used here as a qualifier, does "Eastern Orthodox" to you mean Eastern Catholics?  If Eastern Orthodox only means those eastern Christians in schism with Rome, what is the point of redundantly adding schismatic onto it?  Is it to rub their faces in it?
Stefan Wrote:(click link to see video)

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0309/20494.html

At the White House’s celebration of Greek Independence Day Wednesday afternoon, President Obama got a little unexpected flattery from Archbishop Demetrios, the head of the Greek Orthodox Church in the United States

Listing a series of challenges Obama will need to deal with as president, Demetrios predicted: Demetrios to Obama: "Following the brilliant example of Alexander the Great...you will be able to cut the Gordian knot of these unresolved issues."

Obama responded by making a face to the crowd, prompting laughter. And when he took the mic, he speculated on what the compliment could do for him at home.

"I will tell Michelle I have been compared to Alexander the Great. I will see if that gets me a little more respect,” said Obama, who conceded: “She's still the boss."
.....................................................................................
Ack! But then again what else would you expect from a schismatic. Although Obamination drives me crazy with anger, I thought his reaction on the video was pretty funny.
I compare Obama to Satan.  Anyone who would allow a baby to die, because he or she was supposed to be aborted is the devil incarnate.  Obama is an evil person for whom I pray that the devil is exorcised out of him.
Quote:I've noticed alot of people on this list refer to the "Eastern Orthodox schismatics."  But, I was under the impression that Latins were a little offended when Eastern Catholics refer to themselves as Eastern Orthodox.  So, since schismatic is used here as a qualifier, does "Eastern Orthodox" to you mean Eastern Catholics?  If Eastern Orthodox only means those eastern Christians in schism with Rome, what is the point of redundantly adding schismatic onto it?  Is it to rub their faces in it?

I think it's to drive the point home. Some people use "Orthodox" as that is their name but is inaccurate as they have sucumbed to heresy since the schism.
Muslims are referred to as "infidels" even though "Muslim" proves to a Catholic that are just that without adding the term, but we still use to drive that we don't view them as the rest of the world does.