92,000 return to Catholic Church
http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/new.php?n=15484

Media effort draws faithful back to ChurchBy Ambria Hammel
[-]
  •
This is truly excellent.  I wonder if we'll see a spike in Phoenix's vocations?

Similar programs should be going on in all dioceses.

I was originally kind of skeptical about these commercials, thinking that if people entered the Church because of something they saw on television, they were being sold hollow promise.

But I have to admit that I like them.  I think there's a lot of people that wandered from the Faith when they were young-- and resultingly, they have an 17-year-old's understanding of the Faith.  So in as far as they are an invitation to re-explore a topic that they've left behind, I think they are good spots.
I've seen a few of these ads and I think they're wonderful but I did notice they'll show traditional practices; such as people kneeling at an altar rail recieving on the tongue, beautiful older Churches etc. It will be quite a shock when they enter their nearest N.O. Church in the round without any sign of the traditional reverence shown in the commercial. Then after talking with the liberal, butch, "nun" whom will tell them they need to enter their Godless RCIA or welcome back carter group meetings any idea of coming back and any faith they might have had left in the Church will be killed off.
I have a book they sent me last year, when I first saw the post about Catholics Come Home.  It was a nice, simple read, although some would find that it's not traditional enough, as there are references to VII and HH John Paul II.

Roy
I think that the commercials are so inspiring.

There is a video explaining the differences that people over the age of 50 will notice in the Church - in particular, the Mass, on the page for returning Catholics. Interesting.

The video is called "Memories about the Church"

http://www.catholicscomehome.org/former-Catholic.phtml
Ruination_ipa Wrote:I've seen a few of these ads and I think they're wonderful but I did notice they'll show traditional practices; such as people kneeling at an altar rail recieving on the tongue, beautiful older Churches etc. It will be quite a shock when they enter their nearest N.O. Church in the round without any sign of the traditional reverence shown in the commercial. Then after talking with the liberal, butch, "nun" whom will tell them they need to enter their Godless RCIA or welcome back carter group meetings any idea of coming back and any faith they might have had left in the Church will be killed off.

Thank God the ads are depicting authentic Catholic practice. Hopefully that means something.
I love "Epic". I recommend it to people considering the Church all the time.

The more people see signs of The Church, the better. Whether God-sent or coincidences, people believe in signs when dealing with spirituality. I know when I began investigating Catholicism, it suddenly appeared everywhere; in Simpson episodes, online, in general conversations, and I took that as a good sign and kept investigating.

God can certainly use these, and they aught to be in EVERY diocese! Imagine the questions we'd be getting from people; "Hey, I saw this thing on TV...what where they doing?"

I think Catholicscomehome.org is a great thing.