Offering up Sanctifying Grace for another at Holy Communion
<style></style>I could swear that I read about this from a reliable Catholic source, the idea being that one could offer the sanctifying grace and its effects and blessings received by Holy Communion, through sacrificial prayer, to another unable to receive.  Where might I have read this? 
Miquelot Wrote:<style></style>I could swear that I read about this from a reliable Catholic source, the idea being that one could offer the sanctifying grace and its effects and blessings received by Holy Communion, through sacrificial prayer, to another unable to receive.  Where might I have read this? 

I don't know about offering up sanctifying grace, since sanctifying grace is personally instilled by God.  You can't give sanctifying grace to someone who doesn't have it, just as you can't forgive sins.

However, receiving Holy Communion gives many other graces.  I know that receiving Holy Communion can reduce your temporal punishment for sin.  You could ask God to instead reduce the punishment of souls in Purgatory.  You can offer your Communion so that others may obtain other graces (maybe even graces that will lead an individual to Confession), however your Communion can't put someone else in a state of grace.
You cannot offer up Sanctifying Grace for another, but you can offer up your Holy Communion for someone else's intentions.  I'm sure that the communicant still receives graces, but that much of the grace is freely given by the communicant to whomever they are receiving for.  It's really an exceedingly beautiful practice.
I was hasty when I wrote Sanctifying Grace -- I more meant graces in general, forgive me. 

Besides repentance, what other graces are we speaking of here?  Spiritual strength?  Healing of body and soul?  Spiritual joy? 

Who has ever written on this topic? 

The Apostle John wrote in 1 John 5:16,

"If anyone sees his brother sinning, if the sin is not deadly, he should pray to God and He will give him life."

According to this, it does seem that we can ask God to forgive the venial sins of our brothers and sisters in Christ, and God will answer the prayer and forgive them.  So in that way, we can bring God's grace and forgiveness to others through our prayers.

With His love,
Matt