Newt Gingrich on his conversion to Catholicism
glgas Wrote:Gingrich divorced twice. Naturally this is the matter between him and God, but is he role model in the traditional Catholic view?

I don't think anyone who's a brand new Catholic can be a role model for other Catholics.
The_Harlequin_King Wrote:I don't think anyone who's a brand new Catholic can be a role model for other Catholics.

It is a controversial question. The repentance and conversion is value, and many of us need that.

The problem with Gingrich is that he did not show the sign of repentance for divorces, at least not publicly, so puting him to the center of the news approves the no fault divorce.

glgas Wrote:
The_Harlequin_King Wrote:I don't think anyone who's a brand new Catholic can be a role model for other Catholics.

It is a controversial question. The repentance and conversion is value, and many of us need that.

The problem with Gingrich is that he did not show the sign of repentance for divorces, at least not publicly, so puting him to the center of the news approves the no fault divorce.

How exactly do you show repentance for divorce?  Try harder next time?  :laughing:

Seriously.  I hope I am never famous.  It's hard to keep a glass house clean enough for you people.
Imagine how hard it is to keep it clean enough for God.
cunctas_haereses Wrote:Imagine how hard it is to keep it clean enough for God.

Agreed.  He's made his conversion to the Church.  That's a nice first step.
WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:

First step to true conversion or subversion on his part?
Bonifacius Wrote:Belloc,

I think "let's hope that" is a better attitude than "let's see if."

Hope sure, but lets not be battered spouses, wh oso often say "gee, wish I had know.."
PaxVobiscum Wrote:
kjvail Wrote:He's positioning himself for the field in 2012, look to it.

I think so, too, but will being Catholic help him get votes?

of course, he is "lesser of 2 evils" and  Republican (never have to worry about acutally leaving GOP once and for all, now do we!! Heaven forbid we support anyone other than a "R" or "D" after their name......cant have that, though many did in 1856......)
kjvail Wrote:He's positioning himself for the field in 2012, look to it.

Good interview on it, though wrong timming it appears ,now (interview Spring 2005):
[/url] 
[url=http://www.theamericanview.com/dictator/media/258/TheAmericanViewProgEight.mp3]http://www.theamericanview.com/dictator/media/258/TheAmericanViewProgEight.mp3

and FU to interview:

http://www.theamericanview.com/dictator/...ogNine.mp3
Belloc Wrote:
WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:

First step to true conversion or subversion on his part?

Beats me.  I don't know how to read souls.