Catholic Bishop Boycotts Sacred Heart U for Honoring Abortion Advocate
Bridgeport, CT -- Bishop William Lori of the Bridgeport Diocese and the chairman of the Board of Trustees of Sacred Heart University plans to boycott the university's Discovery Awards and Scholarship Dinner on April 22. There, SHU officials will honor abortion advocate Kerry Kennedy.

See http://www.LifeNews.com/state4036.html

Bishop Lori is really going to bat! A few weeks ago he spearheaded a rally against a piece of legislation some sodomites tried to push through that would have been very bad for the Church in Connecticut.

I know from experience that he's also a very generous and approachable man.
I think we're only going to be seeing more of this in the near future, unfortunately.  Notre Dame has set a precedent for other "Catholic" colleges and universities.  They probably think they can outlast the outrage.
I tend to see these things at a different level. That being the lines of demarcation are being drawn the better to outline were the schism.
Most Sacred heart of Jesus have mercy on us.
SmileBugMG Wrote:I think we're only going to be seeing more of this in the near future, unfortunately.  Notre Dame has set a precedent for other "Catholic" colleges and universities.  They probably think they can outlast the outrage.

I agree, but I wonder, as most people saw NWO/Pro choicer McCain as a valid vote, wold they be outraged if he was Prez and invited to Notre Dame?.....likely not, Catholic, like Evangelicals always come up with excuses to support GOP..no matter how terrible a pick they offer........