St. Gerard's Chapel: Prayers for Pregnant Women and Those Wanting to Conceive
:pray2:
:pray:
My wife is pregnant. She also has Lupus.  The lupus has never "acted up" before during any previous pregnancy, but this morning she woke up with "issues".

Please pray for my wife, my unborn child, and my family as a whole.

Thank you.
:pray2: :pray2: :pray2:
(09-24-2012, 06:44 AM)Adam_Michael Wrote: My wife is pregnant. She also has Lupus.  The lupus has never "acted up" before during any previous pregnancy, but this morning she woke up with "issues".

Please pray for my wife, my unborn child, and my family as a whole.

Thank you.

My wife's symptoms have completely disappeared.  Our doctor and my wife are both are completely amazed. Neither one of them know I posted this prayer intention on this forum. A fisheaters miracle?  Let's see if her symptoms stay gone.
I would like to ask once again for your prayers.

It would appear that I may be pregnant, yet I'm only a couple of weeks along and I'm a bit scared as I wait for my upcoming Doctor's appointment to find out for sure.
My husband and I have been trying for nearly 4 years now, with no avail. We even experienced the heartbreak of (what we believe was) a miscarriage a couple of months ago, when I was about 6 weeks along. What makes matters especially difficult is that my health is never that good. I have diabetes, hypothyroidism (thyroid had to be removed due to severe goiter and cancer), hypoparathyroidism (parathyroids removed accidentally in botched thyroid surgery), hypocalcemia (severe lack of naturally produced calcium due to parathyroids being removed), and to top it all off, PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome). I live day to day often feeling tired and shaky, since the lack of calcium often causes muscle spasms and overactive nerves (imagine how it feels when your leg falls asleep and you try to move it to wake it up. That painful tingly feeling is often what I feel all over). Without the medications I take, my system would slowly shut down, and I could die.

Anyway, I'm not here to complain, but to ask for prayers. I'm excited about the prospect of being a mother, yet I'm also terrified for the health of my baby. Because of my health issues, I tend to get weak easily, and so the important thyroid hormones and calcium that aid in almost everything to do with the development of a child are limited in my system. I once had a doctor tell me to tell them immediately after I became pregnant, because a lack of thyroid hormone during development can literally cause a child to be born a Cretin. In other words, my health issues could cause any child I may have to be born mentally impaired. This can be prevented with increased medication, which I'm thankful for, but the fear is still there.

I'm also terrified that I might lose this baby to miscarriage. Without going into detail, I have been having pains lately that worry me. I so dearly want to be a mother, and the thought of losing a baby again is unbearable.

This has all come out of the blue. We had both gotten to the point lately that we felt like there was no use getting our hopes up. I pray fervently for a miracle every Mass, yet it has been an ongoing trial of patience. My husband has gotten where he tries to change the subject when the topic of pregnancy comes up, because he is trying to spare me (and himself) more heartache.

Anyhow, please pray. We really need a miracle right now!

Thank you.