St. Gerard's Chapel: Prayers for Pregnant Women and Those Wanting to Conceive
Brennus Wrote:My wife delivered our second child, and the first one in 15 years, on Saturday. Everything went perfectly.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!  [Image: beer2.gif]
Boy or girl?
ultramontane Wrote:I just leanred that I am expecting our first child. And while I am of course happy, I am also terrified! So please pray for me, my husband, and our baby.
I know this is the oratory forum, but I would really appreciate any support or advice from all of the experienced mothers and fathers out there.
Thanks and God Bless!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Prayers are on the way, and my best advice for now is to get a folic acid supplement as soon as you can. [Image: pregnant.gif]
It is a baby boy. His name is Marcus Joseph. My elder son is Matthew Karl. I had hoped for a girl, but another son is always a great thing for a man. Maybe next time will be the daughter. If it's another boy I'll have to call him Luke and refer to my sons as "The Synoptic Smiths" as that is our family name.

My wife did not take any pain medicine for the delivery. She is my new hero.

Brennus Wrote:It is a baby boy. His name is Marcus Joseph.

Congratulations!!!

Brennus Wrote:My wife did not take any pain medicine for the delivery. She is my new hero.

Mine, too Smile  I always tried (all 4 times), but never was successful.  I am sure your older son will be a great help.
Hi all. I don't talk here often and I guess when I do, its when I need prayers!  I guess I am just so discouraged. 3 months along.......have such problems with nausea and anxiety.  I get so tired of it all......please pray for me.... I don't know exactly what I need, just wish it wasn't such a struggle for me.    Please pray also for the grace for my family to pray the daily family rosary.  Thanks!!
I had a miscarriage back in June which was devastating for both my husband and myself. My husband and I are so eager to be parents, and this was my first pregnancy. We found out that I am pregnant again in mid-November. Since then I have had a bleeding scare that sent me to the hospital on Thanksgiving evening. It was suspected that I was having a "threatened miscarriage." However, I am working with a high-risk doctor who is very spiritual. One week ago when we still weren't seeing a baby on the sonogram, she told my husband and I to spend the week praying that this much desired baby would continue to blossom. I was thrilled to have the whole week to pray - and we have been praying fervently that our pregnancy be SAVED and that this baby continue to develop and grow into a healthy baby who will one day be born into this world. (We continue to miss the baby we lost in June, and we take comfort in knowing that our first baby is now with God.) After our week of prayer, I was quite nervous to have another sonogram - in case it wasn't in God's plan for this pregnancy to continue. Miraculously, during our recent sonogram they saw a baby and found a heartbeat! We were overjoyed. At the very moment that we were hearing this wonderful news, the song "Oh, Holy Night!" was playing in the sonogram room. Truly the presence of our baby with his/her beating heart is a gift from God. We are humbled by this incredible miracle. I am asking all who read this to please PRAY for our baby. We were told that the heartbeat of our baby is not as strong as it could be. So please PRAY for a STRONG HEARTBEAT and the continued healthy development of our baby. We so ardently desire to raise one of God's children, and we pray that we will one day hold this baby in our arms and raise him/her through adulthood to know and love God and serve others as a reflection of God's love for all of His children. Thank you for praying for our baby. I will also include each of you in my prayers. God is good! I am overwhelmed by His love for ALL of His children.
Tweepy Wrote:I had a miscarriage back in June which was devastating for both my husband and myself. My husband and I are so eager to be parents, and this was my first pregnancy. We found out that I am pregnant again in mid-November. Since then I have had a bleeding scare that sent me to the hospital on Thanksgiving evening. It was suspected that I was having a "threatened miscarriage." However, I am working with a high-risk doctor who is very spiritual. One week ago when we still weren't seeing a baby on the sonogram, she told my husband and I to spend the week praying that this much desired baby would continue to blossom. I was thrilled to have the whole week to pray - and we have been praying fervently that our pregnancy be SAVED and that this baby continue to develop and grow into a healthy baby who will one day be born into this world. (We continue to miss the baby we lost in June, and we take comfort in knowing that our first baby is now with God.) After our week of prayer, I was quite nervous to have another sonogram - in case it wasn't in God's plan for this pregnancy to continue. Miraculously, during our recent sonogram they saw a baby and found a heartbeat! We were overjoyed. At the very moment that we were hearing this wonderful news, the song "Oh, Holy Night!" was playing in the sonogram room. Truly the presence of our baby with his/her beating heart is a gift from God. We are humbled by this incredible miracle. I am asking all who read this to please PRAY for our baby. We were told that the heartbeat of our baby is not as strong as it could be. So please PRAY for a STRONG HEARTBEAT and the continued healthy development of our baby. We so ardently desire to raise one of God's children, and we pray that we will one day hold this baby in our arms and raise him/her through adulthood to know and love God and serve others as a reflection of God's love for all of His children. Thank you for praying for our baby. I will also include each of you in my prayers. God is good! I am overwhelmed by His love for ALL of His children.

Hi Tweepy, welcome to the forum.  I miscarried my third child at 12 weeks along.  It was devastating, though I didn't have much time to become depressed about it as I got pregnant within six weeks of the miscarriage.  That child is my youngest, Dominic, who will be 5 years old next week.  I will keep you and your baby in my prayers.  [Image: prayer3.gif]
Praying for you and your baby, Tweepy. [Image: prayer3.gif]  I know how scary this is for you. My first baby died, and my third was miscarried.  We're here for you!  [Image: rose.gif]

Welcome to the forum, by the way!

Tweepy,

Welcome to the forum. Praying for your healthy, happy pregnancy and delivery.

Reese Wrote: That child is my youngest, Dominic, who will be 5 years old next week. 

Nathan is going to be 5 on Saturday. Smile He wants 4 robots for his birthday that "will clean his room and take out his brothers."

I'm sure he means take them out for pizza. [Image: rolleyes.gif]