St. Gerard's Chapel: Prayers for Pregnant Women and Those Wanting to Conceive
saintsforheaven Wrote:Hi all. I don't talk here often and I guess when I do, its when I need prayers! I guess I am just so discouraged. 3 months along.......have such problems with nausea and anxiety. I get so tired of it all......please pray for me.... I don't know exactly what I need, just wish it wasn't such a struggle for me. Please pray also for the grace for my family to pray the daily family rosary. Thanks!!

I know where you are coming from saintsforheaven.

Im having my 6th, due in July 06.

I am sorry to say, BUT I HATE BEING PREGNANT.

I have a hard time with my pregnancies as well.

Worse of all is the fear and anxiety........I have terrible labours which always last for days...........before hand and then the time spent at the hospital is always so devistating...........

In order of children - hours just spent at the hospital (during labour)

32hrs, 15hrs, 3.5hrs (perhaps cause she was born on Our Lady of Mt Carmel's feast day - this is my only explanation) next was 15hrs, then 33hrs.

I wont go into details (it's too frightening for me to talk about now), but have had to have 4 out of 5 epidurals because I just don't dialate..........I have these with regret...........always at the later stages because of the ignorance of the doctors and midwives.

Each time I fall pregnant, I have this fear and discouragement....I can see that labour room and the trouble I could be in for.....

The only way I can decribe it would be ..................

Imagine if you knew that you had to have your arm sorn or chopped off without any pain relief..........

Or of late it reminds me of Jesus in the agony in garden......He knew what he had to go through and yet.......he was anxious and fearful.

I have prayered, taken in holy medals, holy water, said novenas..........unfortunately, nothing helps...........

Even gone for the natural homeopathic remedies, but to no avail..........

On a happier note, once the baby is born, I am fine, I enjoy them very much, looking after children is not a problem, I have never had PND or any depression (ONLY PRE NATAL DEPRESSION - when I'm pregnant).

AdoramusTeChriste Wrote:
Reese Wrote:That child is my youngest, Dominic, who will be 5 years old next week.

Nathan is going to be 5 on Saturday. Smile He wants 4 robots for his birthday that "will clean his room and take out his brothers."

I'm sure he means take them out for pizza. [Image: rolleyes.gif]

[Image: laff.gif]  How cute!  Dom will be 5 one week from this Saturday...he wants every toy he sees for his birthday and Christmas, oh and some clothes too.  I've never had a child ask for clothes for Christmas.  LOL
Quote:
Nathan is going to be 5 on Saturday. [Image: smile.gif] He wants 4 robots for his birthday that "will clean his room and take out his brothers."
I'm sure he means take them out for pizza. [Image: rolleyes.gif]

[Image: laff.gif]  How cute!  Dom will be 5 one week from this Saturday

Sorry to hear about everyone having trouble with pregnancies  Take heart.

Quote:Right now I'm obsessed with visions of C-sections since my little one hasn't turned yet.  

Praying that you won't need one, Sophia -- but they're not so bad. I've had three c-sections (not by choice).
[Image: hbd.gif]
Happy birthday to all the little ones! They grow up so fast!
Thank you Marisa, Reese, and AdoremusTeChriste for your warm welcome to this Board. I am so happy that I was led to you! I had done a google search on "Prayers for Pregnant Women" and this is how I found you. Thank you all for your prayers on behalf of me and my 6 1/2 week in utero baby. Yes, this is a very uncertain time, and I keep praying for a strong heartbeat for my baby and for his/her continued healthy development. Having miscarried my first baby, I quickly learned not to presume that pregnancy automatically leads to one day having a baby in your arms. And yet I am so filled with hope (the kind that only comes from God!) that this baby will be protected in my womb and that God will continue to shower his divine mercy upon us.

I always find it hopeful to hear about mothers who conceived healthy children after having a miscarriage. And I will feel a special joy on Saturday knowing that two of the mothers on this board will be celebrating the birthday of their children. I especially enjoyed reading about Dominic's healthy birth (conceived shortly after miscarriage) - and to hear that he is now 5 years old! God bless each member's children and may He continue to bless the child within my womb. I am humbled by the prayers of each member of this Board for my baby, and it is with great joy that I pray for each of you and your intentions. God's peace be with all of you!

Quote:I always find it hopeful to hear about mothers who conceived healthy children after having a miscarriage. 

Tweepy,  a miscarriage/stillbirth/neonatal death does not mean that you will not be able to have a healthy baby....although I definitely know how scary a subsequent pregnancy can be! I'm an absolute wreck when I'm pregnant, and also suffer from OCD temporarily. I conceived shortly after my first baby died, and my daughter is now 9 years old. After my miscarriage, I conceived again right away, and my son just turned 2. [Image: smile.gif]

(((Hugs))) I understand! [Image: rose.gif]  Keep coming here if you need to talk.

Pray to St. Gerard Majella. He is the patron saint of expectant mothers.
Tweepy

I have also had 2 miscarriages.  The first was at 6 weeks after child #1. Conceived #2 one month later no problems. Then after child #3 I had a  miscarriage at 12 weeks.  Conceived 3 months later and am expecting her in 3 weeks!  I will pray for your dear little one and trust in Gods Divine Providence.  Try not to stress too much.  I know how hard it is though.  Every little thing can send you into a panic.  Pray your rosary and ask our Lady to watch over you and baby.  Take care and God Bless you and your family.

In Christ
Monique

Monique, thank you for sharing your experiences with me, and thank you for your prayers for my developing baby. From the moment I learned I was pregnant again, I had a strong sense that if this baby comes to term and is born healthy it will be entirely because God has granted us a miracle. Finding out that our baby's heart is beating was a miracle, and now we are praying that our baby will grow stronger and healthier each day that he/she is in utero. My first baby would have been due the first week of February of 2006. We had an early miscarriage, and we still miss him/her. It will be such a Divine blessing if I am able to greet the due date of my first baby with the knowledge that I am now in a healthy, viable pregnancy - and carrying a baby who has been blessed with Divine protection! If all goes well, I will complete my first trimester shortly BEFORE the due date of my first baby. So we will consider ourselves very blessed if I am still carrying a healthy baby then - and I so hope that this baby will be known to us here on earth and that we will have the honor and privilege of raising him/her. What a precious gift from God children are!

I will pray for the healthy, happy birth of your little girl who is due in 3 weeks!
Quote:It will be such a Divine blessing if I am able to greet the due date of my first baby with the knowledge that I am now in a healthy, viable pregnancy - and carrying a baby who has been blessed with Divine protection! If all goes well, I will complete my first trimester shortly BEFORE the due date of my first baby. So we will consider ourselves very blessed if I am still carrying a healthy baby then - and I so hope that this baby will be known to us here on earth and that we will have the honor and privilege of raising him/her. What a precious gift from God children are!
Good luck with the baby. I pray that your baby will come to term and will be healthy. [Image: prayer3.gif]