St. Gerard's Chapel: Prayers for Pregnant Women and Those Wanting to Conceive
The bittersweet thing is that this baby is due on the date that I lost my last one. I actually lost that baby on Christmas Eve. [Image: sad.gif]  But I considered it to be Gods will and I did attend Midnight Mass, although I was heartbroken.  I may not make Midnight Mass this time as I may be delivering this one!!  Thanks be to God!!

In Christ
Monique

Oh, Monique, it IS bittersweet that your due date is the day that you lost your last baby. You are obviously an amazing person with great strength and faith - to have made it to Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve when you had just miscarried. I hope it was able to bring you peace even at such a sad time. I know my husband and I ran to church the moment we learned our pregnancy wasn't viable (back in June). It was a great comfort for us to be at church - especially since we had the great joy of celebrating our marriage there. It seemed very appropriate to turn to God there in our darkest moments. We now see our church as the place where we have experienced our highest highs and our lowest lows - and God has been with us through it all. Monique, I pray that you will feel God's Divine blessing upon your baby who is due on Christmas Eve. My prayers will remain with you. I am sure it brings up lots of different feelings for you. I thought I would share that I have very good feelings about your baby being due on Christmas Eve - God is giving you a precious gift, and He will see you through this until you are holding your sweet baby in your arms. I can FEEL that!

Tomorrow I go back to see my high-risk doctor. (It will have been 1 week since we first saw the baby and heartbeat) I am NERVOUS because I know this is still a very uncertain time. The doctor believes I am just under 7 weeks now. I have been fervently praying for a STRONG heartbeat and for the continued healthy development of my baby through out the first trimester. Having never gotten past the first trimester YET, sometimes it feels like the second trimester is a locked gate that I haven't yet been given the key to. I so hope that God will hand me that key this time!

I feel extremely blessed that the doctor was able to find a baby with a heartbeat last week. I give ALL credit to God for that. I feel His protection, and I feel Mary's protection, and at the same time I would never presume to know what God's plans are for me and for this baby. I hope that in HIS infinite wisdom that God will feel that there is a lot of GOOD that can come from bringing this baby into the world. I know with all my heart that I will be a better person for being a mother. Motherhood is an honor that I greatly hope to receive - and I hope to grow more and more worthy of this honor through out the parenthood journey.

My faith, hope, and trust are solidly with God - and yet, because I am human and experienced tremendous sorrow from my miscarriage in June (where I grieved intensely for 3 1/2 months before starting to feel "human" again), I can't help but be nervous that I might lose this baby too.

God has been teaching me a lot through out this difficult year, and I have to remind myself that God sees the "bigger picture" - where as I am not able to. I have been feeling tremendous joy and gratitude that I am pregnant again and that this time my baby has been seen on the sonogram with a precious beating heart. I see each day that I have with my baby as a gift, and I pray that it will fit into God's ultimate plans for me to give birth to and raise this baby. If I am to be so blessed, I will make sure that my baby grows up knowing that his/her life is a Miracle - and we will make it our mission as a family to honor God's great blessing to us through serving others as a reflection of God's love for ALL humankind. I can see SO much GOOD coming from this, and I truly hope that this will be in keeping with God's vision.

I have found that my calmest moments are when I am in prayer. I shall send calming thought to YOU Monique and to all others out there who are experiencing nervous moments during their pregnancies. Maybe we can all send calming thoughts to each other! I also find it very comforting to be reminded that there are so many people praying for our baby. I assure you that my prayers are with the women on this Board and their babies and families. It is a joy to pray for others, isn't it? It is also very humbling to have others pray for YOU during times of great need. I find myself increasingly developing awareness of the GOODNESS in the world - and I am grateful to have found you wonderful women!

Peace,
Tweepy

I learned at my doctor's appointment today that I have had another miscarriage. The baby had stopped growing and there was no longer a heartbeat. This is my second consecutive miscarriage, and my husband and I have no live children yet. We so long to have a healthy and successful pregnancy!

I will probably have a D&C later this week. We are requesting comprehensive pathology to try to gain some answers at to what may be going wrong. Please PRAY that we will be able to learn some valuable information from this to help lead us to an eventual successful pregnancy.

As Monique knows, there is a special kind of pain in losing a baby during the Christmas season. However, we are now still in the Advent Season, and I must remember that this is the season of Hope. This is a very sad time for my husband and I, and yet, we are trying to hold on to hope that "the best is yet to come."

Please pray for us and for the precious baby that we so recently lost. Thank you!

Tweepy

Oh my goodness, Tweepy. I am so sorry. A miscarriage is one of the most mysterious crosses there is. I have also had two. I did not have to have any d&c's though, and I am grateful for that. I conditionally baptized my children as is recommended by the Church. We had a thread about that awhile back. I'll see if I can find it, if you are interested.

[Image: prayer3.gif]
Quote: I learned at my doctor's appointment today that I have had another miscarriage.
I'm so sorry to hear that. [Image: frown.gif]

[Image: prayer3.gif]  Praying for you!
Praying for you Tweepy.[Image: prayer3.gif]
I'm so sorry, Tweepy! I will continue to pray for you. 
I'm so so sorry, Tweepy.
Tweepy, I am so sorry.  It is hard to lose a baby.  I pray that you will find the answer you need to successfully carry a child.  I know the feeling of seeing that heartbeat there one day and then go back and it is gone.  God , Jesus,Mary and Joseph be with you during this hard time.

In Christ
Monique