Georgetown University Hid Religious Symbols at White House Request
(04-17-2009, 04:58 PM)Rosarium Wrote:
Quote:Seders have become an almost cultural thing, and the seders held at the White House are held in private. The President's personally hosting reflects this. Could the President be the officiant of a Catholic Mass? No. The seder meals at the White House have been held as acts of hospitality, with a more conspicous image. The President visits Catholic institutions as well, but he can't have pictures taken with Jesus at his side and maintain his secular authority.
Judaism is a religion, not a race or a culture.

Would he tell Jews to remove their symbols? Would he tell Muslims? Would he tell Planned Parenthood?

This sort of separation is reserved only for Christians.

Yes, he would. The standard is the same for everyone. Please remind me of this terrible separation for Christians the next time the Pope spends the day with the President or the President attends his Christian religious services.
(04-17-2009, 05:54 PM)JonathanCid Wrote: Yes, he would. The standard is the same for everyone.
You say "he would", but he didn't. And that is what counts. He doesn't live up to your ideal of him. So far, he bows to Muslims, Jews, and atheists while separating himself from Christians. He renounced his own pastor for instance.

Quote:Please remind me of this terrible separation for Christians the next time the Pope spends the day with the President or the President attends his Christian religious services.

What do you mean by "religious services"? I don't see Obama ever attending a mass with his current views.