Best Pizza
Old Chicago has a pie like that.  http://www.OldChicago.com.  Good beer selection too.  Not really Chicago style pizza though.

Best photo I could find:
[Image: 2109390977_c14bc515fd.jpg?v=0]
Looks like some kinda calzone...  ???
Ah!  Just like Papa Murphy's Chicago style stuffed pizzas.  I love those things!

(yeah, yeah... I know- I love all food...)
(05-08-2009, 03:58 PM)Melita Wrote: Looks like some kinda calzone...  ???

Yeah, kind of.  That particular restaurant chain also does Calzones.  Very similar.  Like a 3-person calzone.
(05-08-2009, 04:04 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:

Yeah, kind of.  That particular restaurant chain also does Calzones.  Very similar.  Like a 3-person calzone.

It does look massive and very pie-like. I'm sure it's delicious either way.

They put people right in the calzones? Gross.
(05-08-2009, 04:40 PM)ResiduumRevertetur Wrote:

They put people right in the calzones? Gross.

:tomatoes:
(04-21-2009, 08:12 PM)mom Wrote:
(04-17-2009, 05:02 PM)dakotamidnight Wrote: Call me crazy, but my faves are Pizza Hut {Got addicted to it as a kid thanks to Book-It} and CiCi's

But for the price, the pizzas at sams club are good too.

You live in TX. There is NO GOOD PIZZA here.

Wrong, I love Jersey Pizza snobs.  My family is, embarrassingly enough, from that place and my dad lives there now.  Admittedly the best pizza IS Jersey pizza.  But, guess what, you can get Jersey pizza in almost any state in the Union now.  In Dallas we have Carmine's pizza at 5365 Spring Valley Rd, #138, Dallas, TX...not to be mistaken for the other Carmine's in Richardson which is just OK.  There used to be another at the beginning of Campbell road but it sold to Mexicans and went down the tubes.  There is a place out on Renner Rd. that has Jersey Pizza as well called Schiano's.

There must be a like restaurant in Houston.

In Richmond, Sartori is right, Mary Angela's is real Jersey Pizza and there use to be a place on broad street but it my long be gone now, I think it was called Apollo's but that is the name of another pizzaria in Richmond now (same owners? who knows.).

Let us make no mistake.  Not all Jersey pizza is created equal.  The pizza place in downtown Lincoln Park (Colombo's Pizzeria?  It's in the right place on the map but I ate it 20 years ago and more) is just OK, although I loved it as a kid and that applies for the pizza place in Wanaque called Geppeto's.

On the other hand the best Jersy pizza I have had was in Jersey near Redbank/Middletown with the most clicheish name "Luigi's"

Here it is:

http://maps.yahoo.com/map?q1=650%2BNewman%2BSprings%2BRd%20Lincroft%20NJ%20US&mag=5&lat=&lon=&ard=1#mvt=h&lat=40.330991&lon=-74.120524&mag=5&zoom=18&q1=650%2520Newman%2520Springs%2520Rd%2520Lincroft%2520NJ%2520US
Scipio, what do you mean by saying, '...embarrassingly enough, my family is from Jersey?!' I'm totally affronted.  :fish: New Jerseyeans should be more loyal. New Jersey is actually great state; has a little of everything: the shore, the mountains, pine forests, farms, close to NYC, etc, etc... Jersey gets a bad rap .

Jersey does a great job with the pizza and the bagels. NYC, too of course, makes great pizza and bagels It's something about the water.

Pizza coupons for those here Joansing for pizza:

http://couponing.about.com/od/restaurant...acoups.htm
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
Jersey is great! My poor brother spent three years in Cambridge, Massachusetts for law school and a year in Bermingham,Alabama for a clerkship. He said what they call "pizza" is NOT pizza.

For the record, I like PizzaHut, some local parlors and my mom's homemade(of whose leftovers I will be enjoying once I leave work ;D)