Best Pizza
I made pizza again last night. I never seem to get enough cheese on there! How much cheese do you pizza-makers use?

My crust was superlative, though.
(05-16-2009, 06:10 PM)Satori Wrote: I made pizza again last night. I never seem to get enough cheese on there! How much cheese do you pizza-makers use?

My crust was superlative, though.

I made pizza today for late lunch/early dinner.  My crust was so-so (as usual) but I use most of a ball of fresh mozzarella cut in slices and fanned out on the pizza.  It melts so much nicer and when my kids bite it, the cheese doesn't come off in one piece.
I guess it's different in California, but I have seen Shakey's unless I'm on crack. Plus, Little Caesar's is everywhere here. Now, I don't personally like Chicago style pizza. I lived up there for awhile, and I ate at all the top recommended places, but none of it seemed that great to me. It was just a really expensive disappointment. My favorite chain pizza is Round Table. They don't have that everywhere, though. My favorite pizza is Perry's. They have two locations. One is in Huntington Beach, and one is in Garden Grove. Wait, I think they changed that one to Lamppost Pizza, but I could be wrong. I've never had CiCi's as we also don't have that. We have a buttload of commercials for it, though. I forgot that I also like Costco and Winn-Co pizza.
(05-16-2009, 05:53 AM)Jacafamala Wrote: Scipio, what do you mean by saying, '...embarrassingly enough, my family is from Jersey?!' I'm totally affronted.  :fish: New Jerseyeans should be more loyal. New Jersey is actually great state; has a little of everything: the shore, the mountains, pine forests, farms, close to NYC, etc, etc... Jersey gets a bad rap .

Jersey does a great job with the pizza and the bagels. NYC, too of course, makes great pizza and bagels It's something about the water.

Pizza coupons for those here Joansing for pizza:

http://couponing.about.com/od/restaurant...acoups.htm

Don't get me wrong, I love Jersey and would never bash it for the same old crap it gets bashed for by 2 cent comedians.

I bash it because it is close to NYC (what a shit hole)..For me it's the lame Nazi politics ... similar problem in VA.  You don't need to sell all the good stuff in NJ to me, I've already done it.  Playing in the Hilss around Erskin Lake, walking in Ringwood Manor and the one up the hill from there.  Riding My BMX bike down at the tracks and airport in Lincoln Park.  The rain storms on the Turnpike that are so furious everyone has to stop.  The beautiful land.  It's still embarrasing that my family is from there and I'm a southerner.

I already admited the good pizza in NJ.  Just said it's every place else now if you know where to look.
The best pizza I ever had was in Minnesota, a place called Rocky Roccoco's. Deep dish, dense, and very tasty.

Here in St. Louis, I like Fortel's Pizza. Brick oven, various crusts, very good.
Pizza is only made in Chicago. It is not made anywhere else on this planet. New York, New Jersey or all the way out in California make terrible pizza. In Italia a Margherita or a Sicilian Gudderone are not pizza they are something else. :laughing: 
Heathen....
(05-24-2009, 10:36 PM)timoose Wrote: Pizza is only made in Chicago. It is not made anywhere else on this planet. New York, New Jersey or all the way out in California make terrible pizza. In Italia a Margherita or a Sicilian Gudderone are not pizza they are something else. :laughing: 

I was just going to say that there ain't no such thing as good pizza outside the Chicago area, when I saw your post.  Being raised here, I can't believe the pizza's that are being nominated as good pizza.  Anything made outside of Chicago just is not pizza--especially those made by national chains like Pizza Hut, or Dominoes.
(05-25-2009, 01:54 PM)orate Wrote:
(05-24-2009, 10:36 PM)timoose Wrote: Pizza is only made in Chicago. It is not made anywhere else on this planet. New York, New Jersey or all the way out in California make terrible pizza. In Italia a Margherita or a Sicilian Gudderone are not pizza they are something else. :laughing: 

I was just going to say that there ain't no such thing as good pizza outside the Chicago area, when I saw your post.  Being raised here, I can't believe the pizza's that are being nominated as good pizza.  Anything made outside of Chicago just is not pizza--especially those made by national chains like Pizza Hut, or Dominoes.

I've had Chicago pizza, nothin' special.  Didi is from the land of Pizza and if he likes a chain too then it's gotta mean it's OK to eat chain pizza!
(05-25-2009, 02:36 PM)Scipio_a Wrote: I've had Chicago pizza, nothin' special.  Didi is from the land of Pizza and if he likes a chain too then it's gotta mean it's OK to eat chain pizza!

What, pray tell is "the land of Pizza"?

What they call Chicago pizza in other parts of the country is no such thing.  The only true Chicago pizza is made in Chicago!