Best Pizza
Isn't Mr. Gatti's just a poor man's Chucky Cheese?

ASIDE: my mother has a hard time saying "Chucky Cheese".  She calls it "Chunky Cheese" instead.  Surprisingly, it's no less appealing.
(04-22-2009, 10:53 AM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: Isn't Mr. Gatti's just a poor man's Chucky Cheese?

ASIDE: my mother has a hard time saying "Chucky Cheese".  She calls it "Chunky Cheese" instead.  Surprisingly, it's no less appealing.
Funny Chuck E. Cheese story. We took our kids there many moons ago for a birthday party. When the "real live" Chuck came out to do the singing and dancing my youngest son took off like a shot running to him. We thought, Oh, he's excited to see Chuck E. and he's gonna go hug him or something. Nope. He gave him a good swift kick in the general hoohaa area and ran back to us. Why? We have no idea. It was his first assault. We were so proud!
Imos is the best thin "cracker crust type" pizza I have ever had. they use provolone instead of mozzarella..It is a pizza that you can only find in Missouri (St. Louis Area mostly) and Illinois..We moved to Syracuse, NY and I miss it SOOOOO MUCH ..We moved right near a pizza place called "Grigorios" that is very good though..NY Style..
(04-22-2009, 03:04 PM)matthew_talbot Wrote: Imos is the best thin "cracker crust type" pizza I have ever had. they use provolone instead of mozzarella..It is a pizza that you can only find in Missouri (St. Louis Area mostly) and Illinois..We moved to Syracuse, NY and I miss it SOOOOO MUCH ..We moved right near a pizza place called "Grigorios" that is very good though..NY Style..

Blech!

Their cheese is actualy a synthetic blend of provolone and mozzerella called "Provel".  And it's gross.  Sticks to your teeth and turns grainy when it cools.  And cooling happens pretty quickly when the pie's that thin.  I think they use the Provel because of its low fat content (thus the graininess) so that it doesn't damage the texture of the crust.  Which I admit, is very good fresh.

And I'm always suspicious of a pizza place that cuts pizza in squares. Communists. :sneaky:
Quote:Funny Chuck E. Cheese story. We took our kids there many moons ago for a birthday party. When the "real live" Chuck came out to do the singing and dancing my youngest son took off like a shot running to him. We thought, Oh, he's excited to see Chuck E. and he's gonna go hug him or something. Nope. He gave him a good swift kick in the general hoohaa area and ran back to us. Why? We have no idea. It was his first assault. We were so proud!

ROFL!
S.A.G. ~ Kathy ~ Sanguine-choleric. Have fun...or else.

Adoramus te, Christe, et benedicimus tibi, quia per sanctam crucem tuam redemisti mundum.
All pizza, even McDonald's pizza, is delicious.
Chuck E. Cheese and Pizza Hut = wretchedly bad pizza.  Any of the other chains are tolerable if all you want is a quick slice of pepperoni and a Coke - I mean, c'mon, it's pizza.

But, the best pizzas are always from independent places.....sure, some of them are bad, but there are always little local places that can make a great pie.

Used to hit this place frequently when I was stationed in the Army right up the hill: http://www.yelp.com/biz/giannis-pizza-monterey
Gianni's pizza in Monterey, CA.  I didn't check the menu to see if they still offer the Jalapeño pizza, but let me tell you that it will kick your a**.

Need pizza emoticon.....
A margherita made in a stone oven, anywhere in Southern Italy (or Sicily, or Malta for that matter...) is the best. No contest.
I had some pizza on my trip to Rome last year, and it was great.  But it was so different from Pizza Hut and Sbarro's and all that, that I can't even think of them as the same kind of food.  I love the authentic stuff, but I still like Pizza Hut too.  I guess it's just hard to go wrong with bread covered with sauce and cheese with meat and vegitables on it  :eats:  If the sauce is too sweet, though, that does tend to ruin it for me...
(05-08-2009, 11:47 AM)cgraye Wrote: but I still like Pizza Hut too.  I guess it's just hard to go wrong with bread covered with sauce and cheese with meat and vegitables on it  :eats:  If the sauce is too sweet, though, that does tend to ruin it for me...
I've always liked Pizza Hut's pan pizza. That crispy yet greasy crust is so gooood. And now they have chocolate dunkers! They're greasy breadsticks covered with partly melted white and milk chocolate and served with chocolate dipping sauce.
[Image: spcChocDippersLg.jpg] Oh. My.