Licit to attend weekly NO Masses with abuses?
(04-22-2009, 04:50 PM)CarmeliteAtHeart Wrote:
(04-22-2009, 04:21 PM)Tiny Wrote: The way they manhandle Holy Communion in the local NO parishes is not reconcilable with the Roman Catholic faith.  Unless the Roman Catholic faith encourages dropped Communion, reserving the Blessed Sacrament in glass cookie jars, carrying Communion back to your chair, and possible excommunication reserved to the Pope.

Come on now, you know that is a crass mis-characterization. First, most of the faithful do not "manhandle" Holy Communion. Very many orthodox people in the state of grace receive reverently and much love for Our Lord. Just because they receive in the hand does not mean they are abusing the Most Blessed Sacrament. That is extreme folly. Is it the best practice? No. Should it be stopped? Yes. Is it a sacrilege or an offense against Our Lord in and of itself? No. Most parishes do not use "glass cookie jars" and for all the weird parishes I've been in, I've never seen one of your "glass cookie jars." Do not paint this picture that is simply false, that every Novus Ordo parish is doing the extreme things you mentioned. I know of many reverent Novus Ordo Masses and while I prefer the TLM, I will go to a good Novus Ordo during the week. I pray for the day the TLM returns to pride of place but until then I will never believe that the Novus Ordo, in and of itself, is some horrendous, illicit, immoral liturgy. That is contrary to the mind of the Church.

Pax Christi tecum.

I'm afraid you're the one with the myopic view of the Novus Ordo; nowhere did I say that Novus Ordo Parishes everywhere manhandle Holy Communion; I said that the local ones did.  Do you want to come to my city and prove me wrong about matters I've seen in the past 2 weeks?

Maybe 5% of parishes are reform of the reform minded, 5% parishes are far out there progressive parishes that are still progressing, the other 90% of parishes have been cast adrift with no direction since the 70s or 80s.  Perhaps if your diocese was a vanguard of conservatism during the 70s and 80s, these abandoned parishes would be ok (adrift with a conservative bent)

And who cares if most orthodox people receive reverently if just one person walks back to their pew with Holy Communion? Not withstanding the fact that in the traditional rite there would be ablutions or at least an ablutions cup for those who touch Holy Communion; now everyone touches with their hands, indicating a fundamental flaw.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Licit to attend weekly NO Masses with abuses? - by Tiny - 04-22-2009, 06:15 PM