Licit to attend weekly NO Masses with abuses?
(04-22-2009, 07:50 PM)INPEFESS Wrote: I don't think we can ever have too much respect for the Blessed Sacrament, given what it truly is. Consider the devotion of the Jews to the Tabernacle, and this was just a preparatory dwelling. How much more respect should we show? How much more outraged should we be at the slightest sacrilege? How much more should we fear to give scandal by going to a Mass at which we are unsure of what will be done to the Sacred Body of Our Redeemer? How will the others there know that we don't approve of what is going on (to them, we are there and if we thought it was disrespectful, we wouldn't be there)? How can we claim that obtaining graces for ourselves is more important than attending a Mass at which there is a significant likelihood of Our Lord sustaining abuse at the Unbloody Sacrifice? How can we be so sure of grace when God Himself fears to manifest His Body in the hands of the priest who has almost as little respect for His Body than the Jews did when they crucified Him? Again, the ends never justify the means: willing to witness and attend imminent sacrilege in order to obtain grace. We owe God - He doesn't owe us; He's already paid His price.

Edit: If we have to allow evil in order to obtain a "good" end, then it is not really a good end. God transforms evil into good because He has given us free will to choose and He must allow for our evil choices. We, however, can't abuse this transformation by telling God that we will purposely sin or allow sin so that He can secure a greater good for us.
Whether any of us like it or not, the NO is a licit, valid Mass. I prefer a TLM myself. Why do we try to steer folks away from receiving the Body & Blood of Christ at an NO when a TLM is unavailable? ??? A glass chalice is not hazardous to our salvation, although it probably won't score a lot of points for the priest who uses it. The graces available to us from devout attendance at Mass are innumerable, and we tell others to stay away because of a glass chalice ,a female altar server, use of EMHCs, holding hands at the Pater Noster etc. etc, etc.

I agree, we worship and receive  Almighty God who is worthy of more respect and worship than we'll ever be able to give him. That being said, why don't we give him the best we PERSONALLY are able to with what's available to us and not use others' failings as reasons not to give him what WE are able to. As long as the Mass is valid, all these "reasons" for not going seem to me to be cop outs.

???" How can we be so sure of grace when God Himself fears to manifest His Body in the hands of the priest who has almost as little respect for His Body than the Jews did when they crucified Him? "  ???  I don't understand what this means.

I really don't think there's a whole lot that God fears.  We can be sure of grace because it a valid Mass, the sanctity of the priest has nothing to do with the grace we receive from the sacrament.

Pax.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Licit to attend weekly NO Masses with abuses? - by Sinner - 04-22-2009, 08:37 PM