Licit to attend weekly NO Masses with abuses?
(04-22-2009, 10:03 PM)NonSumDignus Wrote: I've decided to only attend the glass-chalice-free weekend Masses only. What convinced me was the descriptions in the books of Leviticus and Deuteronomy about the proper regulations/criteria to be met in performing Old Covenant ritual; and, in more cases than not, vessels that housed sacred objects needed to be made with gold.

How much more sacred are the rites of the New Covenant? If God expected gold for foreshadows of the Eucharist, I'm going to bet He expects gold for the Eucharist itself.
If the Church precribes it ,(bound on earth, bound in heaven ) I'm sure He does, but if the priest disobeys, I doubt He wants us to withhold our worship from Him. I think according to Chptr VI para. 329 & 330 of the GIRM referenced below a chalice could be hardwood with a bowl inlay of waterford crystal, with the Bishop's approval.http://www.usccb.org/liturgy/current/chapter6.shtml What do you think? I'd go with gold myself.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Licit to attend weekly NO Masses with abuses? - by Sinner - 04-22-2009, 11:04 PM