Licit to attend weekly NO Masses with abuses?
I think this thread started witha question about a "glass chalice".  The original poster didn't  mention any "egregious abuses" , didn't mention the priest not believing in the Real Presence. I don't understand the "what if game" to steer him away from potentially a wellspring of Living Water. The fact of the matter is we are not obliged to attend Mass on a week day (Holy Days excepted). If we don't want to go to an NO Mass during the week that is fine, but I think we should have the maturity and intestinal fortitude  to own that decision and not  try to shove the responsibility on to the priest celebrating the Mass. "I don't like his chalice. He's not reverent enough." How reverent is reverent enough??  "What if he doesn't believe.....etc "  When did we start reading hearts? All these things are between the priest and the Bishop and Our Lord.  When did we become the judge? I HATE to paraphrase Obama, but these things ARE way above our paygrade. 

Messages In This Thread
Re: Licit to attend weekly NO Masses with abuses? - by Sinner - 04-23-2009, 12:44 AM