Licit to attend weekly NO Masses with abuses?
(04-24-2009, 10:13 AM)CarmeliteAtHeart Wrote: I'm sorry but this thread is dizzying! If I have to worry about the intention of every priest and if I have to fear I am in sin for wanting to go to Mass (and attending a Novus Ordo because no TLM is available) then that seems like craziness to me. The Church says the Novus Ordo is valid and as long as I can find a Novus Ordo without any grave abuses, I will attend. If I could attend a Low Mass TLM during the week I would but I can't. I need Jesus and I see no reason to see the Novus Ordo as invalid (unless there is some grave, explicit way to know).

Yes, I prefer the TLM and yes I pray for the end to the Novus Ordo but as of right now, it is what it is.

Pax Christi tecum.

"about the intention of every priest "
......Firstly as was stated above you DO NOT have to worry about the intention of every Priest, as long he 'does what the Church has always done' please re-read, there are quotes proving that.

"and if I have to fear I am in sin for wanting to go to Mass"
......No one EVER said at ANY ANY ANY point in this discussion that it is a sin to want to go to Mass, on the contrary we ALL know its a very virtuous desire. That was quite sarcastic of you.

"The Church says the Novus Ordo is valid" "and I see no reason to see the Novus Ordo as invalid"

Again the issue is not so much about validity as it is about liceity and morality

But on the issue of validity, it is certainly is possible to know if a mass is invalid - or else we would all be going to hell in a handbasket not knowing whether or not we have received the sacraments. 'To do as the church has always done' that is the intention part thats all - the Priest would have to explicitly state he does not intend to say Mass (were he still to use the form) (again please re-read the posts, its all explained clearly)

But certainly no can deny there is DEBATE about the whole 'for you and for many issue' and the 'mysterium fidei'
Critics quote Dei Defectibus which was about defects in validity of masses.

http://www.dailycatholic.org/defectib.htm  (I HIGHLY RECOMMEND READING THIS, ITS AN AMAZING PIECE OF WORK)

But theres not point in getting into this issue, i mean we may as well start a new thread about it - I'd bet it would have dozens of pages in a short time arguing the issue.

But what we CAN CERTAINLY KNOW is that as was most finely stated by INPEFESS:

(04-24-2009, 02:46 PM)INPEFESS Wrote: I have addressed only the issue of sacramental doubt’s non-binding nature.

Probable not possible doubt is all that is necessary to not only excuse us from the obligation, but forbid us from it.

And unless you can solve the pro multis and mysterium fidei issue then you too are bound by this.

And that is only ONE of the many many many many reasons why a Catholic may not attend the New Mass......

Your decisions should be based not on emotion but on reason.... you should be able to refute the points made her by INPEFESS and the quotes I posted, or you should accept them.....

Messages In This Thread
Re: Licit to attend weekly NO Masses with abuses? - by tradmaverick - 04-24-2009, 04:11 PM