Licit to attend weekly NO Masses with abuses?
(04-24-2009, 05:44 PM)DrBombay Wrote: The burden is on me to prove what exactly?  That the gates of Hell have not prevailed against the Church? My head tells me that the gates of hell have not prevailed, nor will they.  How's that for reason?

I think the "Extraordinary Form" of the Mass is superior in every way to the "Ordinary Form."  I would be thrilled if the Novus Ordo withered and died and was never said again.  But questioning the validity of the NO is not a litmus test for being a traddy and if you think it is, you have a very warped view of what Traditionalism is. 

But you with your S.T.D. obviously know more about theology than I do.  So, I bow to your superior intellect.  :nonsum:

Well theres no need to be sarcastic, i presume your referring to a post i made, where i cited the credentials of the author of my way of life?

The burden is on you to prove using theological reasons.....not feelings....or emotions....or statements without any evidence or poof that going to the Novus Ordo is permissible. After all you have just advised somebody to do so (a fact btw that wont stand to your benefit if your wrong!)
"Go to the NO without any fear,"

What has the gates of hell not prevailing against the Church got to do with anything? Is that really using your head? Have you totally forgotten about the other arguments made?

Am i to assume you mean by this that if the New Mass is wrong then the gates of hell have already prevailed against the Church?
Surely you know your basic catechism, surely you read above the quote:

"The reason for this power of survival lies, not in the Church’s juridical elements, but in the indestructibility conferred upon her by the abiding presence of the Holy Spirit and of Christ himself. The visible hierarchy, the elaborate Church organization, being inseparable from human imperfections, though a part of Our Lord’s plan from the beginning, have not in themselves the stuff of immortality. This they derive from the sources of grace and divine life within, the hidden riches of the Mystical Body which constitute the veritable "mystery of the Church.""

or this one:

"The intrinsic reason for the indefectibility of the Church of Christ lies in her inner relation with Christ, who is the Foundation of the Church (I Cor 3:11) and with the Holy Ghost, who dwells in her as essence and life-principle."

Abuse of Papal authority does not constitute the 'gates of hell prevailing against the Church'.

Therefore with your reason, with your intellect, your proof does not suffice.
So if youre head tells you that the gates of hell will not prevail against the Church - thats very good, its a good thing to think about - buts its got nothing to do with the Novus Ordo being right or wrong - and more importantly the Roman Mass being the true Mass and the only Mass we are obliged to attend.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Licit to attend weekly NO Masses with abuses? - by tradmaverick - 04-24-2009, 08:00 PM