Licit to attend weekly NO Masses with abuses?
(04-24-2009, 07:47 PM)tradmaverick Wrote:
(04-24-2009, 07:35 PM)Sinner Wrote: I don't believe Dr Bombay is arguing with any one. He told us what he believes.  He needn't prove anything to us, he's not try to change our opinions and beliefs, why can't we respect his? I don't know about anyone else but if I believed with my head and my reason I would have struck out on the Trinity, Transustantiation, the Virgin Birth etc. a long time ago. That's why they call it faith.

Those things are part of the infallible teachings of the Church, theyve got nothing to do with papal authority!!!

Faith in what???   the promulgation of the New Mass?, show me some evidence that Catholic are entitled or obliged to make an act of 'faith' as you put it in Papal Authority, or are we back again to the confusion of papal infallibility and papal authority (they are not the same thing you know one is very much fallible).

The promulgation of the Novus Ordo, employs papal authority not papal infallibility.

So now youve been bold enough to make the statement, please back it up?

Ill repeat the question where is it stated in any part of our religion by any theologian worth his salt or any by any doctor of the Chruch or by and infallible papal statement, or council, that we are to make an act of faith in Papal Authority
Perhaps I confused the issue by comparing a non dogmatic belief with dogmatic ones. My apologies. My point was that beliefs are not always subject to intellect and reason that's where faith enters.

tradmaverick Wrote:Faith in what??? 

Please read what Dr Bombay said
Dr Bombay Wrote:What I do believe with all my heart is that Christ would not allow his Church to promulgate a questionably valid Mass and allow four of his Vicars to say it publicly.  Appeals to Aquinas and Ott, et al don't move me I'm afraid.

If you do not concur with his belief as stated above, I should think it would be up to YOU to prove that Christ WOULD  allow His Church to promulgate a questionably valid Mass and allow four of his Vicars to say it publicly.  

Please show me where anyone has said anything about "an act of faith in Papal authority "other than you. But yes I  do believe in Papal authority, and yes the liturgy is included in that.

Jesus told Peter whatsoever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. That sounds like Papal authority to me, straight from the Source, and He didn't say it had to be cleared thru us.

Edit to correct speling.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Licit to attend weekly NO Masses with abuses? - by Sinner - 04-24-2009, 09:00 PM