Licit to attend weekly NO Masses with abuses?
Sinner (this should be the username for all of us), please pardon my interruption. I try to avoid this SSPX forum because of the constant quarrelling and uncharitable attitudes of many of the participators. I post only because I believe this is an issue worthy of serious consideration.

(04-24-2009, 09:00 PM)Sinner Wrote: Jesus told Peter whatsoever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. That sounds like Papal authority to me, straight from the Source, and He didn't say it had to be cleared thru us.

If the Pope then permitted something anti-Catholic, would it be bound in heaven? Would you go against your own conscience because the Pope told you to do so? The Pope is not guaranteed a place in heaven; he has been given free will and can reject God's grace much like any soul. If Apostolic Succession is perpetuated throughout a period of interregnum, then in order for this succession to continue, we know that Christ did not establish the Papacy for a person (this is a belief of many Protestants who claim that Peter alone possessed the keys to the kingdom), but rather appointed a person (Peter) for the established Papacy. If the Papacy bears an inseparable symbiotic relationship with its occupant, then the office of the Papacy would perish with its occupant. But this is not so for the Papacy endures throughout interregnums to be filled by another. A distinction must be made between man and office, just as a distinction needs to be made between man and God. The man, by opposing God, can oppose his office at which point we would cease to see a manifestation of the gifts of the Holy Ghost:

Q. 699. Which are the gifts of the Holy Ghost?

A. The gifts of the Holy Ghost are Wisdom, Understanding, Counsel, Fortitude, Knowledge, Piety, and Fear of the Lord.

Where is the Wisdom in convening a council not called to address heresy or establish Dogma?
Where is the Understanding of Catholic Dogma made obscure by the ambiguities of the VII documents?
Where is the Counsel against the deceits of the devil amidst ecumenism, collegiality, Modernism, liberalism, indifferentism, pluralism, etc.
Where is the Fortitude of the Church which has conceded to Protestant ideals and reconciliation with Jews?
Where is the sound Knowledge of the Faith as evidence by the Catholic laity and clergy?
Where is Catholic Piety in the Novus Ordo Missae, the product of this council?
Amidst all of these voids, most especially, where is our Fear of God's wrath?

Messages In This Thread
Re: Licit to attend weekly NO Masses with abuses? - by INPEFESS - 04-25-2009, 12:22 AM