Licit to attend weekly NO Masses with abuses?
(04-25-2009, 11:15 PM)Anthem Wrote: My comments will, again,  have no bearing on resolving the argument in this thread.  I posted previously and no one made a sinlge comment.  Even so, I have something else to say.

I think all will agree with this.  Everyone, including myself, finds the (valid) NO Mass lacking. Everyone on this forum believes the traditional Latin Mass to be preferable.  Everyone believes the restoration of the traditional Mass is a priority. 

Can anyone tell me anything he is personally doing to remedy this situation besides sitting in his basement and bitching on the internet about how the NO is bad?  I would love to hear any of you tell me something, anything, positive you are doing to promote the Latin Mass.  All I am seeing on this website is people complaining about how bad the NO is, how going to the local NO is sending people to hell, how great it is to have  local Latin Mass.  Do you even think of your poor, misguided brethren who may have no choice but to attend the NO?  I am absolutely not being sarcastic.  If you want things to be better, why don't you do something?  Are you bringing any of your Catholic friends and neighbors in to the Latin Mass?  Are you even talking to your acquaintences about the importance of the Latin Mass?  Faithfully attending your local Latin Mass every Sunday, or even every day, is great!  I applaud you!  Many of us do not have that option.. 

I welcome your comments.

Well said,
I suppose to reiterate what was said by INPEFESS, God alone can do anything good really, but as regards our part in the whole matter- the only thing I do is put posters up around town, in the schools and colleges, shop windows mostly, I got some nice pictures on the internet and it looks quite nice, I must do it today actually seen as how our monthly visit from the Society is coming up next week!

Besides that I suppose just having to drive for hours to get to the Mass every Sunday (although in my case since my wife has become pregnant its been a bit harder) is a good way of promoting it to friends and family, it shows you really are willing to do anything to get it - so it must be important. I know there are a lot of people who cannot financially afford to drive for that length of time - I mean there is more than fuel involved - theres food for the journey and keeping the car maintained, a lot of younger families are far too poor to make it more than once a month. But I think the majority of people probably could get a good part of their family there every week, i think a 2/3hr trip to Mass isnt too much to ask if your able for it and you can afford it.

But yes you are right, actions speak a lot louder than words.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Licit to attend weekly NO Masses with abuses? - by tradmaverick - 04-27-2009, 05:03 AM