Bp W Column, 4.18.09
From Bishop Tissier de Mallerais speaking in Paris we hear that terms have been fixed for the doctrinal discussions due to take place between the Society of St. Pius X and the Church authorities in Rome. The discussions are to be in writing, which is wise, insofar as there is less room for passion and more time for careful thinking. Also they will not be made public, a provision which at best eliminates "grand-standing" by either party, otherwise known as playing to the gallery, because there will be no gallery present.

for the rest of the article, visit:

http://dinoscopus.blogspot.com/2009/04/e...icult.html
"The problem for these discussions is that, objectively speaking, as on either side there may be some reluctance to admit, we are in the presence of an irreconcilable clash between the religion of God and the religion of man."

Religion of man?  Oh Boy...

Does he totally not realize that he makes life harder for the society to come to a place of favor and full privileges with/from Rome?  It's almost as if he doesn't wish it to take place...
OCLittleFlower Wrote:Does he totally not realize that he makes life harder for the society to come to a place of favor and full privileges with/from Rome?  It's almost as if he doesn't wish it to take place..

By no means an I am SSPX hardliner, but it's plain to see Rome has a bad habit of playing games with traditional groups (i.e.: Campos). If I were in Williamson's position I would probably be reticent to talks.
(04-18-2009, 05:48 PM)Credo Wrote:
OCLittleFlower Wrote:Does he totally not realize that he makes life harder for the society to come to a place of favor and full privileges with/from Rome?  It's almost as if he doesn't wish it to take place..

By no means an I am SSPX hardliner, but it's plain to see Rome has a bad habit of playing games with traditional groups (i.e.: Campos). If I were in Williamson's position I would probably be reticent to talks.

That's why it's good that it is in writing.  It will keep both sides honest.  If something gets screwy, they can publish the documents unless there is an oath not to.
That was a wonderful column this week from his Excellency.  His ability to get through to the root of the matter is exactly what is needed.  Even if he is just consulted from the sidelines, his analysis of what happens will be of the utmost value for preventing the SSPX from being snuckered by the "slush and mush" in whatever degree it is presented by Rome.

Woot for being private, and written.