Bishop to Offer Mass of Reparation for Notre Shame, etc.

All are Invited to the Mass of Reparation

As Catholics we are aware of the many shortcomings and transgressions committed against the dignity and sacredness of human life in our world. That is why it is inconceivable that Notre Dame University, a Catholic institution of higher learning, should receive and honor anyone who promotes policies that are contradictory to who we are as a people of faith.

As our Holy Father, Pope Benedict XVI stated in his visit to the U.S. last year in reference to Catholic university presidents, "to justify positions that contradict the faith and teaching of the church would obstruct or even betray the university's identity and mission."

Mass of Reparation
May 3 at 6:00 p.m.
Cathedral of St. James
215 N. Orange Avenue
Downtown Orlando

Come and pray with Bishop Wenski for all of our transgressions against the Gospel of Life.

Reparation is the making amends for a wrong done or for an offense against God. By his death on the cross, the Son of God offered his life out of love for the Father to make reparation for our sinful disobedience (CCC #614).

We are obliged to make reparation for personal sins against justice and truth (CCC #2412 and #2487).

http://www.orlandodiocese.org/index.php
--------------
We need many of such Masses...

This is the first time I've seen a Mass of Reparation listed anywhere. Wow.
(04-18-2009, 02:15 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote: This is the first time I've seen a Mass of Reparation listed anywhere. Wow.

I've seen them, but not from the Novus Ordo.  Times they are a-changin'.
Wow that a bishop would offer a Mass of reperation for the evil of the great god Obama is just amazing. Can anyone imagine this happening 5 years ago. Now all that needs to be done is have Notre Dame bulldozed.
(04-18-2009, 10:04 PM)Baskerville Wrote: Wow that a bishop would offer a Mass of reperation for the evil of the great god Obama is just amazing. Can anyone imagine this happening 5 years ago. Now all that needs to be done is have Notre Dame bulldozed.

Well, I don't know about that. Its still a beautiful campus with its own Latin Mass and everything. I say that an auto de fe ought to be held right on university grounds, and a majority of the administration rounded up for it.
A very intersting idea, an N.O. fellowship service for reparations of the N.O. religion doing what it does best , scandal.  I'm not sure that'll work to well.  Almost like a pagan offering God a human sacrifice for an evil brought on by his false ideas.  Then again, neato.  You might be able to make a scifi novel about something like this.
I feel uncomfortable with this absolitization of the mortal life (dignity and sacradness of human life) and using it for political agendas.

Rom 13:1 Let every soul be subject to higher powers: for there is no power but from God: and those that are, are ordained of God. 2 Therefore he that resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God. And they that resist, purchase to themselves damnation. 3 For princes are not a terror to the good work, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? Do that which is good: and thou shalt have praise from the same. 4 For he is God's minister to thee, for good. But if thou do that which is evil, fear: for he beareth not the sword in vain. For he is God's minister: an avenger to execute wrath upon him that doth evil. 5 Wherefore be subject of necessity, not only for wrath, but also for conscience' sake. 6 For therefore also you pay tribute. For they are the ministers of God, serving unto this purpose. 7 Render therefore to all men their dues. Tribute, to whom tribute is due: custom, to whom custom: fear, to whom fear: honour, to whom honour.

Is Obama worse than Nero, about whom St Paul wrote the above passage?

Is the mortal life the highest value, preceding God, the Church, the whole world, the families?

To kill is sin, but not the first and only  not negotiable agenda.

laszlo

(04-18-2009, 01:57 PM)Magdalene Wrote: All are Invited to the Mass of Reparation

As Catholics we are aware of the many shortcomings and transgressions committed against the dignity and sacredness of human life in our world. That is why it is inconceivable that Notre Dame University, a Catholic institution of higher learning, should receive and honor anyone who promotes policies that are contradictory to who we are as a people of faith.

As our Holy Father, Pope Benedict XVI stated in his visit to the U.S. last year in reference to Catholic university presidents, "to justify positions that contradict the faith and teaching of the church would obstruct or even betray the university's identity and mission."