Pleasant surprise in Catholic (ish) store
(04-18-2009, 03:41 PM)Rosarium Wrote: Today, I was crusing around the aisles, mostly to kill time before the bus came, and I saw in the Bible section (which is filled with NAB and RSV or whatever) and there was a new member there. There was a D-R bible which was very nice on the rack. I picked it up and it had all the proper notes in it about the history and origins and even a Papal Encyclical Letter about it (or the Bible in general, I didn't review it much).

This is great news.  If you don't have a Douay already, and can afford it, why not buy it?  You could also inform some like-minded friends about this and ask the store to order some more in.  This could send out a pretty strong message.

(04-18-2009, 03:41 PM)Rosarium Wrote: This is a pretty big thing I think, as this is the first time I've seen the D-R in a RL store. It has to be there for a reason.

There are also guides and books about the Latin mass mixed in with the new mass books, but I think those have been there for a while.

I was thinking the same thing; there must be some demand for it, from somewhere, or else it wouldn't be there.  Bookstores in even the most conservative dioceses will still contain modernist titles, but it's great that there seems to be some positive progress in your diocese.  What's your bishop like in terms of Tradition etc?

Messages In This Thread
Re: Pleasant surprise in Catholic (ish) store - by CelticChristian - 04-19-2009, 02:39 PM