Good traditional Catholic theological blogs
I am wondering if anyone can recommend a good traditional Catholic theological blog of any flavor. I must explain that I am a bit tired both of the "conservative" Catholic blogs based on an obfuscating JP II personalism (with pretensions of scholasticism) and traditionalist Catholic Thomism that seems a bit too Talmudic for my taste. (While as an ex-SSPX seminarian I respect their work, I am a little weary of their methodology). I myself am a Neoplatonist, though that is a bit simplistic to say outright. Maybe this all sounds a bit modernist, but does this make sense to anyone? In any case, if anyone can recommend ANY traditionalist Catholic theological blogs, I thank you for it.
http://brotherandre.stblogs.com/
I was just going to recommend Brother Andre's blog, till I saw you already did, Didishroom!  ;D
I am interested in contributing to a Traditional Catholic's blog. If anyone is interested, they can request to view my blog.
Here is a link to a post (I do not know how appropriate this is, but still):

On "Grace":
https://verbumsite.wordpress.com/2016/09/15/grace/

Another one, on "The Victim":
https://verbumsite.wordpress.com/2016/09/15/the-victim/
Phew! I tried to flick through your whole book length blog to try to get a good idea of what you were producing. I must say that I am very favourably impressed and would recommend your insights to anyone.

Only one thing I noticed that made me scratch my shaking head was:
Quote:It is also a proven fact, ratified and confirmed by continual proofs, that a strong impression can act in such a way on a conceiving mother as to make her bring to light a little monster who repeats, in his appearance, the object that troubled the mother. It is also a proven fact that the long cohabitation among peoples of different Aryan races produces, by a natural mimicry, a more or less accentuated transformation of Aryan facial features in the features of non-Aryan peoples. It is also proven that special conditions of environment and climate influence the development of one’s limbs and skin color.
While I'm pretty confident that a mother's emotions and reactions profoundly influence their developing babies' attitudes and all that I remain suspicious that you impute (claim to be proved) rather more than could be observed.

Other than that I think you hit all the nails right on the head. The completely unreasonable (effectively insane) ideology of Materialism or Naturalism cannot explain the existence of "things" like the order of the Universe and all that's in it without a cause and purpose. Modernism (both secular and "theological") is an entirely bankrupt ideology that survives on egomaniacal inventions.

Ultimately, (as you infer) everything (except the Uncaused First Cause) exists only because of the magnificence of that First Cause. The Son and His Great Mother are sufficient "reason" for Creation... the rest of us are just the people that make the city.

I will recommend you to some others of my acquaintance who promote Faith and Reason in the World full of diabolically insane egomania.
Heh! Steph! I was in such a rush to flick through your blog that I didn't check any of the links so I didn't realise that you were plagiarising Valtorta.

Anyhow, if you're going to reproduce someone else's work I can't think of a better source for a pragmatic exposition of the guts of the Faith.

Cheers!
(09-15-2016, 10:55 PM)Oldavid Wrote: Heh! Steph! I was in such a rush to flick through your blog that I didn't check any of the links so I didn't realise that you were plagiarising Valtorta.

Anyhow, if you're going to reproduce someone else's work I can't think of a better source for a pragmatic exposition of the guts of the Faith.

Cheers!

I merely provide links to her posts on my blog. Scroll to the bottom, and you will find the hyperlink. I suppose that I should provide a description at the top before posting the dictations.