Napolitano Defends Putting Pro-Life Advocates in Terrorism Report
(04-20-2009, 04:54 PM)JonathanCid Wrote: The entire report is based on potential threats that should be watched. If you actively laugh about and condone abortion clinic bombings, the Department by the name of Homeland Security is going to do their job and work on protecting the security of the homeland.

The Department is going to do what it needs to do, to justify its existence.  All that .gov has done, is create yet another alphabet soup agency, out of many alphabet soup agencies.  This bureaucracy will only continue to grow, finding new ways to protect us from ourselves, or any other bogey-man of the day, all in the name of 'keeping us safe'.

DHS, a solution in search of a problem.
It's good that you brought that up, Texican. Jean-Jacques Rousseau, the 18th century political philosopher, though thoroughly a man of the Enlightenment, noticed something similar. With each new organ of government, a new "institutional will" is created. That is, it demands that resources be diverted to it, it asserts its role and its authority, and generally justifies itself as best it can and seeks to perpetuate its existence. This is no problem in itself, but very easily institutional wills can assert themselves in conflict with the volonté générale, the general will or interest of the people.

This is one circumstance where I think it is safe to say that the Department of Homeland Security, through its self-justifying behavior of collecting intelligence and writing and disseminating endless reports on diverse matters, has betrayed the genuine interest of the people through the vilification of the pro-life movement, which is more invested than anything in our country, even our own government (I would venture to say), in the spiritual and social well-being of our countrymen.
If we weren't so PC nowadays, we'd be be more honest and use faterland instead of homeland. The only question is whether the new uniforms will be in black (Italian) or brown (German), just the toppings on the ice creams have changed.
you mean RED! the getups will be in red. red bein the colour of commies it only makes sense.
sip sip
ahhh
I have two words.
(04-20-2009, 05:03 PM)Cyriacus Wrote: How does being pro-life have anything to do with hatred?
Read what abortion-supporters say about those who oppose abortion, then you'll see how they think.
I cant wait until 4 years are up and Obamascumball is out of office. Bush wasn't this bad. Who'd have thought I'd be pining for the days of good ole W.  :'(
(04-20-2009, 04:54 PM)JonathanCid Wrote:
(04-20-2009, 04:49 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:
(04-20-2009, 04:40 PM)JonathanCid Wrote: Have you read the DHS report?

enlighten me.

The entire report is based on potential threats that should be watched. If you actively laugh about and condone abortion clinic bombings, the Department by the name of Homeland Security is going to do their job and work on protecting the security of the homeland.

Then I maintain my original position: it is not the interest groups that need monitoring, it's the crazy individuals.  I know fringe lunatics in very calm and mainstream organizations, would it be fair to say that the Rotary Club is made up of potential terrorists just because some nutjob once commented that he always comisserated with Bill Ayers?
The honest truth is that there are some so adamant in the pro-life movement, so absolutely convinced, that they are willing to blow up clinics here and there. They're placed under hate groups because anyone who targets a specific group of people is considered a "hate group". Pro-lifers aren't being rounded up and arrested for being pro-life, and I for one am not in the least bit afraid of being arrested. If anyone here truly believes this will be the case, if you in all seriouness fear this, it's time you start packing and leave. If you believe a report like this truly spells imminent danger, why bother sticking around to wait for the danger to set upon you? This is the part I don't understand. If you packed your things and took off, I would yet disagree with you, but at the very least then I could know that you sincerely believe this is going to happen. Otherwise, I wonder what the fuss is all about.
(04-21-2009, 02:04 PM)JonathanCid Wrote: The honest truth is that there are some so adamant in the pro-life movement, so absolutely convinced, that they are willing to blow up clinics here and there. They're placed under hate groups because anyone who targets a specific group of people is considered a "hate group". Pro-lifers aren't being rounded up and arrested for being pro-life, and I for one am not in the least bit afraid of being arrested.
Actually, how about laws specifically in place so they can arrest pro-life people praying in public without causing any disturbances? It happens more than you think. What about private entities hiring people to harrass pro-life people in public and the government does nothing about it?

Quote: If anyone here truly believes this will be the case, if you in all seriouness fear this, it's time you start packing and leave. If you believe a report like this truly spells imminent danger, why bother sticking around to wait for the danger to set upon you? This is the part I don't understand. If you packed your things and took off, I would yet disagree with you, but at the very least then I could know that you sincerely believe this is going to happen. Otherwise, I wonder what the fuss is all about.

Because this is America, where the people should matter, not who has the most money.