Napolitano Defends Putting Pro-Life Advocates in Terrorism Report
Quote:Actually, how about laws specifically in place so they can arrest pro-life people praying in public without causing any disturbances? It happens more than you think. What about private entities hiring people to harrass pro-life people in public and the government does nothing about it?

That has nothing to do with my simply defending what Napolitano put in the report - bombing of abortion clinics.

Quote:Because this is America, where the people should matter, not who has the most money.

I never said otherwise.
(04-21-2009, 02:04 PM)JonathanCid Wrote: The honest truth is that there are some so adamant in the pro-life movement, so absolutely convinced, that they are willing to blow up clinics here and there. They're placed under hate groups because anyone who targets a specific group of people is considered a "hate group". Pro-lifers aren't being rounded up and arrested for being pro-life, and I for one am not in the least bit afraid of being arrested. If anyone here truly believes this will be the case, if you in all seriouness fear this, it's time you start packing and leave. If you believe a report like this truly spells imminent danger, why bother sticking around to wait for the danger to set upon you? This is the part I don't understand. If you packed your things and took off, I would yet disagree with you, but at the very least then I could know that you sincerely believe this is going to happen. Otherwise, I wonder what the fuss is all about.

And exactly how many abortion clinics have been bombed out of existence, as opposed to quietly bankrupted due to prayer vigils. Then if you compare the acts of violence perpetrated against the pro-lifers as compared to the death eaters, I think you'll find that you've accidentally swallowed the "Pro-Choice" arguments against us without realizing it. You're accepting isolated incidents to allow them to prove their point instead of comparing it to the larger body of statistics.
Quote:And exactly how many abortion clinics have been bombed out of existence, as opposed to quietly bankrupted due to prayer vigils. Then if you compare the acts of violence perpetrated against the pro-lifers as compared to the death eaters, I think you'll find that you've accidentally swallowed the "Pro-Choice" arguments against us without realizing it. You're accepting isolated incidents to allow them to prove their point instead of comparing it to the larger body of statistics.

I'm not. I'm simply saying that pro-lifers aren't going to be arrested for being pro-life. This isn't a persecution of pro-lifers. The Department is concerned with violence and potential domestic terrorism. That's all. I have no fear of giving a pro-life speech tomorrow and being arrested for it. I have no fear that proudly saying I'm pro-life on the internet will get me arrested. And it doesn't surprise me that the government charged with keeping the peace is at least stopping those who would go through with these bombings. The report overall concerns itself with the potential for domestic terrorism. There's no need for a panic. We won't be arrested tomorrow morning simply for being pro-life.
(04-21-2009, 04:14 PM)JonathanCid Wrote:
Quote:And exactly how many abortion clinics have been bombed out of existence, as opposed to quietly bankrupted due to prayer vigils. Then if you compare the acts of violence perpetrated against the pro-lifers as compared to the death eaters, I think you'll find that you've accidentally swallowed the "Pro-Choice" arguments against us without realizing it. You're accepting isolated incidents to allow them to prove their point instead of comparing it to the larger body of statistics.

I'm not. I'm simply saying that pro-lifers aren't going to be arrested for being pro-life. This isn't a persecution of pro-lifers. The Department is concerned with violence and potential domestic terrorism. That's all. I have no fear of giving a pro-life speech tomorrow and being arrested for it. I have no fear that proudly saying I'm pro-life on the internet will get me arrested. And it doesn't surprise me that the government charged with keeping the peace is at least stopping those who would go through with these bombings. The report overall concerns itself with the potential for domestic terrorism. There's no need for a panic. We won't be arrested tomorrow morning simply for being pro-life.

No. Not tomorrow morning. However, is the beginning of the process.
I can't buy that it's the beginning of the process because it's fallacious - slippery slope. If there's any evidence for a chain of actions to be carried out against us, then I'd like to see it. In fact, I'd need to see it because I've been vocal enough as it is on abortion and I'd like to get a move-on in hiding before they come to get me.  :)
Johnathan Cid apparently is not familiar with the tactic of discrediting your opponents.

Well, if being pro-life is a crime now, let us pray there's enough evidence we could be convicted of it.   :P
I really think she is a delusional paranoid. Everyone from Canadians to pro-lifers are "enemies" of the state.
Why are people bereft of common sense given a position of power?
(04-23-2009, 02:04 PM)OKinyobe Wrote: I really think she is a delusional paranoid. Everyone from Canadians to pro-lifers are "enemies" of the state.
Why are people bereft of common sense given a position of power?
Be cause it was given to them by someone bereft of common sense??
(04-21-2009, 04:29 PM)JonathanCid Wrote: I can't buy that it's the beginning of the process because it's fallacious - slippery slope. If there's any evidence for a chain of actions to be carried out against us, then I'd like to see it. In fact, I'd need to see it because I've been vocal enough as it is on abortion and I'd like to get a move-on in hiding before they come to get me.  :)
And so the naive sheep trusts the cunning wolf. Obviously techniques such as definition-fudging, deliberate misconstruing of the [interpretation of the] action taken are open for use with the rather broad and lax characterization of 'right-wing extremists' in the report stated. It would practically put almost every active member on this board worthy of scrutiny.