Good Wifey
(04-21-2009, 12:14 PM)SmileBugMK Wrote:
(04-21-2009, 12:12 PM)Hotspurcantresistposting Wrote: I think it's determining whether the cause of your movement to action is akin to your pain nerves giving feedback to the brain that something is wrong or is it pride taking over.

Run-on sentence fail.  But I think I know what you mean.
My sentence is now modified by an increase of words at relevant places.
I'm with everyone who said there's no need to do whatever the man says because he's the man. But in every marriage, there are going to be some things the husband does better, other things the wife does better; the trick is to realize the areas where your husband excels, and defer to his judgement in those areas.  You're not required to support all his decisions. Also, it's not as though this often becomes an issue, if you have similar values, you'll end up in the same place anyway.
Here are some good books, though- Three to get Married  Fulton Sheen
                                                                -Heart of Compassion  Gerald Vann
                                                                -Art of a Happy Marriage  John Thomas
                                                                -By Love Refined  Alice Von Hildebrand
Hope they help!
Judging by the invocation of the slang "wifey", I'm pretty sure this thread was made in jest.
(04-21-2009, 02:48 PM)TheTalentedMisterR Wrote: Judging by the invocation of the slang "wifey", I'm pretty sure this thread was made in jest.

Or to troll.
(04-21-2009, 02:48 PM)TheTalentedMisterR Wrote: Judging by the invocation of the slang "wifey", I'm pretty sure this thread was made in jest.

Oh, please let it be in jest.  :pray2:

- Lisa
(04-21-2009, 05:06 PM)Spooky Wrote:

Or to troll.

I hope so, because this has the potential to be A+ trolling.  The question looks sincere, and it raised the ire of the usual suspects.  Really, it's excellent work.
I agree with "By Love Refined" by Alice von Hildebrand.  There is a great part where she mentions that a great source of annoyance to her was that her husband would leave the soap swimming in the soap dish.  She mentioned it to him casually, and he never did it again. ...not that this has to do with submission, but it shows that when we truly love our spouses, we try to sacrifice and mortify ourselves even in the dumb little things that seem insignificant.

Christina
Well, this could very well be someone who wants to stir the pot, or it could be someone who has something to say.  The  :puke: is a valid commentary by my reckoning (seriously!).  On the other hand, I'm asking we give the OP a chance before we question the motives - i.e., wonder aloud if she is a troll.  Because if she's not, that's kinda unfriendly.

So, Mrs. Smith, please continue if you are sincere, but expect some vocal counter-opinion.  :safe:
(04-21-2009, 05:59 PM)TheTalentedMisterR Wrote:
(04-21-2009, 05:06 PM)Spooky Wrote:

Or to troll.

I hope so, because this has the potential to be A+ trolling.  The question looks sincere, and it raised the ire of the usual suspects.  Really, it's excellent work.

:laughing:
Honestly, I think the first thing you should do to improve yourself as a wife is to study grammar and implement it properly.  We all make some mistakes and break some grammar rules from time to time, and that is fine.  But good grammar is like good dress.  We want to show dignity and grace by taking care of how the world perceives us.  This will encourage your husband to be proud to call you "wifey" or whatever it is he calls you.  Nobody likes a doormat.