Good Wifey
You just earned yourself a fishy, Inion sister.

"Wifey" is the name of a really trashy novel by a lousy writer. Not to mention that it's just a demeaning title. No self-respecting woman would call herself that nor allow others to so address her.
(04-21-2009, 11:31 PM)Satori Wrote: You just earned yourself a fishy, Inion sister.

"Wifey" is the name of a really trashy novel by a lousy writer. Not to mention that it's just a demeaning title. No self-respecting woman would call herself that nor allow others to so address her.

Ouch!

I thought "wifey" was just the dumb baby-talk counterpart to "hubby".
Wow... I'm glad I don't take myself as seriously as others might.  Mea Culpa Satori.

If someone wants to refer to herself as "Wifey" why should I correct her?  I've called myself some strange things, so I don't discriminate.
(04-21-2009, 11:33 PM)Inion_Coinin Wrote: Wow... I'm glad I don't take myself as seriously as others might.  Mea Culpa Satori.

If someone wants to refer to herself as "Wifey" why should I correct her?  I've called myself some strange things, so I don't discriminate.

Woops, I'm sorry. I gave you a "freshy," not a "fishy." I was praising you for your sensibleness! I can't get the names on those t'ingies straight.

And by the way, I wasn't serious. Well, I really do think "wifey" is a ridiculous title and it sets my teeth on edge, but people can call themselves what they please.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&defl=en&q=define:Wifey+&ei=VJDuSdb5KcSltgeI__zNDw&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/wifey

http://www.definition-of.com/wifey

Interesting schooling I'm receiving here.
I draw the line at calling your girlfriend "Wifey." The distinctions between the woman to whom you're married and the woman you're caddishly using should be kept.

I love your new avatar, Hotspur.
My husband refers to me as "Woman of the house!"  And I usually refer to him as "hubby".  When I'm feeling really endeared towards him I call him "my big lug!"
(04-21-2009, 11:32 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote:
(04-21-2009, 11:31 PM)Satori Wrote: You just earned yourself a fishy, Inion sister.

Ouch!

I thought "wifey" was just the dumb baby-talk counterpart to "hubby".

Finally somebody understands where I'm coming from. While I'm ranting, the word "hubba hubba" needs to die.
(04-21-2009, 11:42 PM)Satori Wrote: I draw the line at calling your girlfriend "Wifey." The distinctions between the woman to whom you're married and the woman you're caddishly using should be kept.

Agreed!  It drives me bonkers when my single friends call their girlfriends "the wife".  The title of spouse is a distinction that people earn the hard way.  It is not to be thrown around casually.  Even if they are cohabitating.  It is demeaning to the people who try, struggle, succeed and fail in real marriage every moment of their lives.  It's not cute, no matter how in love the single people may be.

But "wifey"?  Meh.  The old ball and chain is lucky I call her anything at all.  So, ha.
(04-22-2009, 11:36 AM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:
(04-21-2009, 11:42 PM)Satori Wrote: I draw the line at calling your girlfriend "Wifey." The distinctions between the woman to whom you're married and the woman you're caddishly using should be kept.

Agreed!  It drives me bonkers when my single friends call their girlfriends "the wife".  The title of spouse is a distinction that people earn the hard way.  It is not to be thrown around casually.  Even if they are cohabitating.  It is demeaning to the people who try, struggle, succeed and fail in real marriage every moment of their lives.  It's not cute, no matter how in love the single people may be.

That's right! You have to earn your demeaning title through the suffering matrimony brings.

I call my husband "old man." To me "hubby" is part of the name of a delicious ice cream flavor by the good people at Ben and Jerry's.