Good Wifey
I have extremely poor depth perception and am very easily startled.
(04-24-2009, 11:52 AM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: (I never get tired of using this images)
A few funny things I've known:

http://www.funnyhub.com/videos/pages/wom...r-car.html

http://www.funnyhub.com/videos/pages/wom...r-car.html (Watch it, she's lucky she wasn't shot immediately after doing all that)

Trying to park:
(04-24-2009, 12:14 PM)Satori Wrote: I have extremely poor depth perception and am very easily startled.

I guess posting one of those screamer videos won't be a good idea... :)

If there's a locale where there's bad driving, it's the metropolitan DC area. If you want to change lanes, well you better be hoping, because most of them WON'T let you.
And as always, be afraid of the road ragers from those who think they own the road.
I love to drive. I have to drive. If I couldn't drive, I'd be forced to climb a tower and...well, you get the picture. Walking might be nice, though  :shrug: who's to say?
(04-24-2009, 12:18 PM)Hotspurcantresistposting Wrote: If there's a locale where there's bad driving, it's the metropolitan DC area. If you want to change lanes, well you better be hoping, because most of them WON'T let you.
And as always, be afraid of road rage from those who think they own the road.
My sons have noticed that the ones who will not let you in are women. Overwhelmingly. Especially if you're waiting to get through backed up traffic that's just sitting there anyway. Nope. Women won't let you. I don't know why we do that, but it does not make me proud.
(04-24-2009, 12:14 PM)Satori Wrote: I have extremely poor depth perception and am very easily startled.

I have poor depth perception too.  Thanks to astigmatism and severe farsightedness.  But CA keeps renewing my license...
(04-24-2009, 12:21 PM)ResiduumRevertetur Wrote:
(04-24-2009, 12:18 PM)Hotspurcantresistposting Wrote: If there's a locale where there's bad driving, it's the metropolitan DC area. If you want to change lanes, well you better be hoping, because most of them WON'T let you.
And as always, be afraid of road rage from those who think they own the road.
My sons have noticed that the ones who will not let you in are women. Overwhelmingly. Especially if you're waiting to get through backed up traffic that's just sitting there anyway. Nope. Women won't let you. I don't know why we do that, but it does not make me proud.

Sometimes I don't realize.  Plus, people in CA also aren't fans of the turn signal and I'm not THAT psychic.
All I know is that I got hit by a car once, and it was a female driver.

Sounds like my fault right? No. The person stopped, looked at me and I started to cross. She accelerated right when I was in front of the car (she was pulling out of a parking lot in the middle of the street, I was on the sidewalk). She didn't stop. Somewhere out there, there is a person who knows they hit someone and they know nothing else...

(04-24-2009, 11:43 AM)Paloma Wrote: I've never asked before but now I really want to know why you ladies don't drive.    ???

I didn't get my first driver's license until I was 30. I didn't drive before for a lot of reasons, I never took Driver's Ed in school because my parents said they'd never let me drive, so why bother? Then, later there was fear; I was afraid to drive (if there is even the slightest possibility that I'll make a mistake doing something, I'll chose not to do it), and maybe even fear of "growing up", being independent; and then monetary, couldn't really afford a car, insurance, gas etc. Jason finally demanded I learn to drive (what if James needed to go to the ER or something he reasoned), and he found and bought me a nice older car. He spent hours and hours and $$$ cleaning it up and fixing what needed to be fixed (and all this after he told me he didn't love me anymore. ha!). He let me drive his truck for practice and I realized it wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be (driving). Now, I don't know why it took me so long to get the damn license already. Just being able to get in the car and go somewhere anywhere without having to ask/beg someone else is soooooooo wonderful, even if it is just up to the store for something quick.
And for the record, I didn't run over Rosarium (tempting as it may be ;) ) I've only pulled out in front of a motorcycle.  :doh: