Garabandal visionary dies
(04-22-2009, 08:41 PM)ggreg Wrote: [quote='EIRCOMNET' pid='356551' dateline='1240445318']

More Orwellian doublespeak.  When will God rid us of these two-faced men so yes can mean "yes" and no "no".  Confusion piled upon confusion and zero unity.

Yes Gregg, I give that link for those who are relying on official pronouncements.
When Joey dies still blind and, Lord may it be many years from now, the current Holy Father dies, I will be happy to pound the final nail in the coffin of this nonsense.

I was listening about this "apparition" on the radio today, and funny, funny stuff: host and guest-professor are perfectly willing to accept that the relevant Bishops in these "apparitions" have said neither yea nor nay, but when the Medjugorie Bishops over the years have again and again said NAY, "Oh, well that's his personal opinion."  Seems with both apparitions, folks are only accepting the Bishop's authority over the matter to the extent that they like the Bishop's ruling.  I agree that Medjugorie is a load of dung with a side of chips, and I believe that in due time, Garabandal will prove to be cut from the same fabric.
When Joey dies still blind, there'll be all sorts of excuses.  He really overcame a "spiritual blindness" or some such nonsense. The True Believers will never be dissuaded. 
Exactly: when the facts fail, they'll fall back to rhetoric.
(04-22-2009, 09:25 PM)JesusFreak84 Wrote: Exactly: when the facts fail, they'll fall back to rhetoric.

No Jesus Freak I would accept that if Joey died that would be an end of the matter. We are not all ejjits prepared to believe anything for any old reason. I have been with Garabandal since 1971 and I only believed it because I studied it carefully. My spiritual director was qualified in Mystical Theology & he also believed in it. Above all let nobody confuse it with Medjugorje which is a pathetic imitation of a Marian apparition. If you wish to study source material research www.garabandal.us  I often find that those who are the most ardent critics of Garabandal are those who know least about it or who have got their info from certain sites offering misleading info.
(04-22-2009, 08:38 PM)ggreg Wrote: Which Bishops?  Let's face facts, none of us on this forum show universal deference, respect and obedience to all bishops at all times.

Many priests, bishops and Cardinals are on the road to perdition.  Whoever appeared - they sure got that right.

The one who had jurisdiction in that area. The one which the Church gives the responsibility of making judgements on these matters.
(04-22-2009, 05:56 AM)tradmaverick Wrote: God rest her soul,

Doesnt anyone else think there was something just...not right about those girls running backwards up a hill - and the whole stopping without momentum thing? And what about their addition of 'Our mother' to the hail mary?

Yes Garabandal is...spooky.
(04-22-2009, 02:34 PM)DrBombay Wrote:
(04-22-2009, 08:26 AM)tradmaverick Wrote: It smacks of the demonic, backwards hillwalking - not so backwards hill running! They were faster than grown men, they would travel at incredible speed only to stop dead in their tracks - no momentum, they constantly had their eyes turned upwards in a frightening fashion......what thats saying again........come on!!!

Diabolical deception, a mockery of Fatima (little different wasnt it?? (;), not to mention the devils ape of fatima.

Common sense should sort this out....

I have to agree with tradmaverick on this one.  I've seen the film of the visionaries walking backwards and it's downright damned creepy. 
Ditto.
Why don't we just wait and see? As St. Paul wrote: 1 Thess. 16-22 Always rejoice. Pray without ceasing. In all things give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you all. Extinguish not the spirit. Despise not prophecies. But prove all things; hold fast that which is good. From all appearance of evil refrain yourselves.
Those of us who are skeptical view ourselves acting in light of that last sentence.