ROSARY CRUSADE Promotional Material
(04-30-2009, 10:31 PM)didishroom Wrote:
Quote:Thanks Quis.

I'm also wondering why the SSPXers are even doing this rosary Crusade this late in the game.

I mean, assume for argument that Russia was not validly consecrated as they posit, well, then why haven't they embarked on this crusade, oh, I dunno in the 80's, etc.?
Lol, I asked the same thing and nearly got my head chewed off. I got this whole lecture that I was being ungrateful.

Why didn't anyone.  Besides, perhaps they felt as if they needed the first two things knocked down.  Perhaps they were not sure of how effective the bouquets would be.  When the evidence slapped them in the face with freed up Masses and fake excomms dropped they may have though "hey, let's take this to the next level...it works pretty good!"  (I used the word good on purpose to be silly but it also denotes the Good worked!)
So you only pray if you're guaranteed an automatic success rate? What happened to "Faith'?
(04-30-2009, 11:13 PM)didishroom Wrote: So you only pray if you're guaranteed an automatic success rate? What happened to "Faith'?

No, millions upon millions of prayers have been said for the consecration before this.  Visit Fr. Gruner's website sometime if you don't believe that.

Maybe the answer to the prayers was granting us a Pope who is wiling to do it instead of changing one who wasn't.  Maybe B16 is that Pope, maybe not.

Edit: toned down my original response
(04-30-2009, 10:27 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: I don't think anything of this sort would have been successful with JP2, personally, because he didn't pay much attention to the messages of Fatima IMO.  He spent a lot of time on ecumenism, etc., but not much on hell, etc.

Didn't he credit Our Lady of Fatima with saving him when he was shot?  Didn't he go to Fatima and place the bullet in her crown?  Or did I dream that?
I wish the material did not include the "errors" and a full explaination.  What a way to turn off someone who might have helped.  For example...Let's say there is a lady who would be willing to pray with these intentions but then she reads that feminism is an error.  The problem is the lady in my example is a feminist.  She's willing to do the praying until she's told she's in error.  What a waste of a good prayer since now she says to herself "what a bunch of kooks!"  The same applies for almost all the listed errors.  They are not needed to get the prayers y'all.  ---It's called over selling, and it is not a good idea.--- I already have one NO and one prot wanting to take part (I have to make sure of the prots being able to participate still but I don't see why not since I know he will pray with the listed intentions and he is egar to do this.  But, do you honestly see putting this flyer in NO churches?  I can't see the play.  All we need is a one page thing with the prayer intention, basic directions and the address bit.

I would suggest just telling your freinds you think will want to do it and then give them the address page.  I'm giving a Rosary and instructions to my prot pal, but then he's never done it before.

I see your point, Scipio.  It would be very easy to put off potential converts, or even people willing to simply pray the Rosary, if they are being told that they are part of the problem. 
I see why they are there, but most trads probably already know what those errors are, anyway. 
(05-01-2009, 11:46 PM)Scipio_a Wrote: I wish the material did not include the "errors" and a full explaination.  What a way to turn off someone who might have helped.  For example...Let's say there is a lady who would be willing to pray with these intentions but then she reads that feminism is an error.  The problem is the lady in my example is a feminist.  She's willing to do the praying until she's told she's in error.  What a waste of a good prayer since now she says to herself "what a bunch of kooks!"  The same applies for almost all the listed errors.  They are not needed to get the prayers y'all.  ---It's called over selling, and it is not a good idea.--- I already have one NO and one prot wanting to take part (I have to make sure of the prots being able to participate still but I don't see why not since I know he will pray with the listed intentions and he is egar to do this.  But, do you honestly see putting this flyer in NO churches?  I can't see the play.  All we need is a one page thing with the prayer intention, basic directions and the address bit.

I would suggest just telling your freinds you think will want to do it and then give them the address page.  I'm giving a Rosary and instructions to my prot pal, but then he's never done it before.

Well, I guess when discussing Fatima and the need for Russia to convert you can always shrug your shoulders when someone asks what the errors of Russia are. But I'm not sure how honest that would be. Truth is people these days don't even know the basic message of Fatima. People aren't sure why an apparition which occurred over 90 years ago has any relevance today. We've lost a lot of ground over the last 50 years and if people are offended by the truth that they've actually bought into the errors of Russia hook, line, and sinker and may even be promoting them then perhaps showing them in no uncertain terms is the best remedy.

Maybe this pamphlet isn't for everyone and If you feel you can get people to participate in this program by making something with just the basics by all mean please do so. The more the merrier.
I'd say the Rosary would be more efficacious for this crusade's purposes if those who prayed it did so specifically against the errors of Russia.
(05-02-2009, 12:21 AM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote: I'd say the Rosary would be more efficacious for this crusade's purposes if those who prayed it did so specifically against the errors of Russia.

Too much on the mind.  Too many errors.  Or one might say that these are not the errors at all but that they stem from the primary error given to them by Orthodoxy -- collegiality.  Anyhow, it's not disengenuous to leave out info on errors from Russia since the errors are not listed by Our Lady, and to think we know them is a bit of presumption.  We are likely correct, but that ain't the point.

HK the intentions are listed, there is no need to improve upon them, that's the same mistake JP2 make when he tried to consecrate the whole world.  Too much is not enough!

Also I don't think we need to shrug shoulders when asked why this is important...just package it for the best possible effect, that's all I'm getting at.  The pamphlets fine when the audiance is us.  Heck, even if one of my errors was listed I'd still participate, but I think people who live an error typically do not see it as an error or do not want to admit that it is and will refuse to change perspective when confronted.  Just look at all the arguments on this forum!  Same stuff over and over.  Soft sell is all I'm saying y'all.

Thanks for the address and all the work though.  There is plenty I can use.
Just a note since it was brought up on another forum:

This pamphlet was not published by the SSPX nor is it in any way officially endorsed by them and was in fact put together by non-sspx laymen, quoting non-sspx sources [Fatima information by Catholic apologist John Salza - Errors of Russia information by a Priest of the FSSP both used with permission of the authors]

In other words: Everything in the pamphlet is by Catholics in "full communion" with the Catholic Church [meaning juridically recognized] with the obvious exception of the quote from Bishop Fellay.

Hopefully that disclaimer will set the scrupulous at ease. :-)