How bad would a Novus Ordo Mass have to be to justify not attending?
(05-01-2009, 04:58 PM)NonSumDignus Wrote: I'd say such a Mass is inappropriate to attend out of devotion (weekday Masses), but on Sunday an obligation is an obligation. If it's pretty bad though (and I know what that's like, I've seen some whoppers), maybe you can just sit in the back and pray a 15 decade Rosary- which usually takes 45 minutes to an hour, just enough to get through the Mass.

You know, that seems like a valid option, but I want to point something out just for the sake of argument.

One of the big points of the Novus Ordo Missae was to be inclusive with the laity.  It calls for people to respond and stuff.  For example, when I find that I have to be at a Novus Ordo, I do the responses.  Why? Because that's the rubrics, that's what we're supposed to do even though I hate it.  I hate TLM dialogue Masses, too.  But I say the black, do the red.

If we go to a Novus Ordo and sit there like lumps, it seems to me in many ways we are not fulfilling our obligation, really, and in some ways are no better than the priest who ignores the rubrics.

Something to think about at least.

Messages In This Thread
Re: How bad would a Novus Ordo Mass have to be to justify not attending? - by Historian - 05-01-2009, 05:02 PM