How bad would a Novus Ordo Mass have to be to justify not attending?
(05-01-2009, 04:58 PM)NonSumDignus Wrote: I'd say such a Mass is inappropriate to attend out of devotion (weekday Masses), but on Sunday an obligation is an obligation. If it's pretty bad though (and I know what that's like, I've seen some whoppers), maybe you can just sit in the back and pray a 15 decade Rosary- which usually takes 45 minutes to an hour, just enough to get through the Mass.

This whole situation is so sad. It's a shame that upon approaching the communion rail at one of these churches, it is likely we are stepping on the Body of Christ which has been carelessly dropped onto the floor and never properly removed. You have to bring your umbrella just in case the "Eucaristic minister" decides to draw a supersoaker from his arsenal of religious weapons and soak the crowd with Holy Water. I can't even strike my breast during the Confiteor without distracting everyone from the Mass - I'd feel like standing up in the middle and saying: "What?! So I chastise myself with my own fist. What's it to you?!" as they stare, wide-eyed, at my display of Catholicism. I am most concerned about receiving the Body of Christ worthily while standing in line for Communion because I can't even look down to the floor without fear of sinning as I see more flesh than clothing of the girl in front of me.

Ok, so I'm being a little dramatic, but who ever thought that the ... Catholic Church ... would host such atrocities? If I had said this 100 years ago, I would have been laughed to scorn and labeled "heretic". Ok, so maybe things wouldn't be so different...  ;)

Messages In This Thread
Re: How bad would a Novus Ordo Mass have to be to justify not attending? - by INPEFESS - 05-01-2009, 05:31 PM