How bad would a Novus Ordo Mass have to be to justify not attending?
(05-02-2009, 12:16 AM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote:
(05-01-2009, 10:27 PM)INPEFESS Wrote: I asked this in another thread but I don't think anyone answered the question: Where in the Novus Ordo Missae is the Mass referred to as the Sacrifice on Calvary?

The priest prays the same silent prayer during the offertory, before the incensing, as appears in the TLM: "In spiritu humilitatis et in animo contrito suscipiamur a te, Domine; et sic fiat sacrificium nostrum in conspectu tuo hodie, ut placeat tibi, Domine Deus." (The unofficial translation is "Humbled in mind, and contrite of heart, may we find favor with Thee, O Lord; and may the sacrifice we this day offer up be well pleasing to Thee, Who art our Lord and our God.")

And of course, the "Orate, fratres" and its response, "Suscipiat Dominus" are the same.

Eucharistic Prayer I (the Roman Canon) of course has quite a number of references....

Ok, thanks! Although, that doesn't sound like a reference to the Sacrifice on Calvary; rather, that could be just as appropriate as a morning offering. We offer our sacrifices in union with that of the Sacrifice on Calvary for the propitiation of sins. I'm looking for where in the Mass it says that it is the Sacrifice of Calvary, the Sacrifice of God. Ours, without His, are devoid of effect.

Messages In This Thread
Re: How bad would a Novus Ordo Mass have to be to justify not attending? - by INPEFESS - 05-02-2009, 12:48 AM