How bad would a Novus Ordo Mass have to be to justify not attending?
(05-13-2009, 05:28 PM)Rosarium Wrote:
(05-13-2009, 05:27 PM)INPEFESS Wrote: Protestants use and believe "presbyrate" to be a title denoting one who presides over a communal meal (Presbyterians for instance). They do not believe in the Sacrament of Holy Orders. Whether or not the words are synonymous to Catholics is irrelevant because it only reinforces the disbelief in priestly faculty by Protestant attendants. Protestants may come to the Mass, but if they don't believe in what is actually happening through the hands of the priest, they are not Catholic. This is the same principle as eliminating the emphasis of the Sacrifice of the Mass. Many argue that the Sacrifice is still there, and I'm not debating that; but the elimination is used to make it more acceptable to the world's standards of Christianity which is not Catholic. If we were to get the whole world to abandon its pagan ways in favor of the world's standards of Christianity (Protestantism), the Church would have failed in its Supreme Law: the salvation of souls.

They also use the word "priest" like that as well.

Do they? I have not heard this from the Protestant majority, which should be considered. Protestants detest the word priest because it implies a special faculty that is believed by Catholics; the term denotes a recognition of that faculty. I've only heard it used by Protestants when speaking to Catholics because they know Catholics call their "leaders" 'priests' and will know what they mean. But they do this because they don't believe that there is a difference between "Minister" and priest. I've never known any Protestant to choose association of his faith with Catholicism unless they don't believe there is a difference. "Priest" has been used by Catholics for centuries; if it has been perverted by Protestants then there is no reason to concede to a term that has always been used by Protestants as denoting a lack of faculty.

Edit: Fallibility - historical accuracy.

Messages In This Thread
Re: How bad would a Novus Ordo Mass have to be to justify not attending? - by INPEFESS - 05-13-2009, 05:41 PM