How bad would a Novus Ordo Mass have to be to justify not attending?
(05-13-2009, 10:19 AM)INPEFESS Wrote:
(05-13-2009, 08:59 AM)Scipio_a Wrote: The presbyter would not do it so he had asked me to a day or two before.  I said I did not want to and he got all pissy.

Interesting that you called him a "presbyter" (which I know was intentional) because, as you know, it is the post-VII word used to replace the word "priest" in the Rite of Ordination. Traditionally, a priest is one who performs a sacrifice; a presbyter is one who presides over a religious communion. Why would you change that unless you didn't want anyone to think that a sacrifice, in this case, the Spotless Sacrifice, was being offered?

What's funny here is that I had to sift through 2 pages of people going back and forth with you and it's me they actually have the issue with.  I can't tell you how funny I found that.  I'm actually laughing.

You used your superman vision and got me!  Yes I was a bit disappointed in my grandma's funeral (English understatement there).  Also I am of the opinion, as you know, that there is a chance that any given NO is not validly performed for a list of reasons alread posted several times that I know at least you have seen. and read.  Further, as pinted out in those posts I am one of the folks that thinks there are few NOs that are real Masses at this point 40 years later.  I grant the possibility of validity.

Also as a matter of history I make sure to use 'presbyter' wheneven talking with my dad, and this is dad history so it may have been due to that if no other reason.  However, you are right.

Messages In This Thread
Re: How bad would a Novus Ordo Mass have to be to justify not attending? - by Scipio_a - 05-13-2009, 09:42 PM