Holding to Tradition-way to honor God and avoid, possibly, germs too!!
(05-05-2009, 11:28 PM)nsper7 Wrote:
(05-05-2009, 11:16 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(05-05-2009, 10:55 PM)nsper7 Wrote:
(05-05-2009, 06:46 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(05-05-2009, 03:25 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:
(05-05-2009, 03:22 PM)nsper7 Wrote: I always received both the Body (Host) and Blood (Cup) at Communion. I am not at this point yet, but if it looks like there were a spread of any dangerous disease at my parish, is it okay to receive only the Body (Host) until the disease issue cleared up?

Yes.  Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is wholly present, body, blood, soul and divinity in both species.  In this way, to receive him in the host is to receive his precious blood.

Well, you see what the Novus Ordo religion does? People can get confused even on such basic facts of the Holy Catholic Faith as the one you explained to nsper7. It was precisely because of Utraquism that the Church started holding the Precious Blood from the laity. It seems, though, that Utraquism is back en force (along with so many other heresies).

I know that, doctrinally, the Body and Blood are present in either species. Should we allow the Swine Flu or anything else like that to alter our spiritual actions?

It's not just "doctrinally". The Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Our Saviour and Lord Jesus Christ are "really", "truly" and "substantially" present in both eucharistic species.

As for your question, I'm afraid I didn't quite get it, nsper7. If there is some sort of epidemic that justifies withholding Holy Communion from the laity, then it can be done so. However, the concern for the soul always comes first than the concern for the body. Receiving the Host is the normative way for the laity to receive Holy Communion in the western Church and you would be receiving the Host alone if you were attending the TLM.

The fact that you have expressed concern and doubts about receiving "only" the Body, shows how dangerous and prone to heresy the Novus Ordo religion really is.

I guess I was being a little humorous in a straw mannish sort of way (sorry).

I prefer to receive under both species, but I know that it is acceptable/possible to receive under only one.

Receiving under one species alone IS the normative way in the Roman Rite and not the other way around. The fact that you're receiving both species is somehow allowed by your bishop in a rather extraordinary fashion, something only possible in the NO Missae because of the previously condemned antiquarianist notions and because of ecumenical concerns (of course!).

I urge you to start attending a TLM as soon as possible, nsper7.
(05-05-2009, 11:34 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote: To add to the error of Utraquism, it's also an error to believe that the laity "need" to receive Communion at all, however beneficial it may be.

You're absolutely correct.