Bourbon
(05-07-2009, 09:05 AM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: A friend in college introduced me to two redheads.

I married one of them.

I love the other almost as much.

[Image: makers-mark.jpg]

I must say that this is a rather ambiguous comment.  Which one did you marry and which one do you love almost as much...  ;D
Wild Turkey and coke

but really all I like at this point is a whiskey sour.
Bah! Give me an Alberta Premium rye, straight up!
I can't even stand the smell of Bourbon without getting nauseas now. I drank a fifth one day a few years back and put myself in the hospital in St. Louis with acute alcohol poisoning. I was drinking wild turkey anyways, so not top shelf stuff anyway.
Knob Creek served neat is the best way to go. Makers Mark is a good second pick for me. I haven't had much that I thought was better, though I'm sure it's out there and I just haven't run into it, or had enough cash on hand. Any recommendations?

In general, I can't stand mixing my bourbon with anything else. Summers in Phoenix are unspeakably hot, though, so I do often enjoy a drink on the rocks. However, I see this as morally compromising and not recommended.  Sticking tongue out at you
(07-21-2009, 01:31 PM)Matthew_R Wrote: I can't even stand the smell of Bourbon without getting nauseas now. I drank a fifth one day a few years back and put myself in the hospital in St. Louis with acute alcohol poisoning. I was drinking wild turkey anyways, so not top shelf stuff anyway.

I can't decide what is the worst part of this story.  The fact that you drank a fifth in one sitting, that you ended up with alcohol poisoning, that you were drinking Wild Turkey, that you landed in the hospital or that you were in St. Louis.

Baffling.  Truly baffling.  Huh?
(07-22-2009, 03:02 PM)DrBombay Wrote:
(07-21-2009, 01:31 PM)Matthew_R Wrote: I can't even stand the smell of Bourbon without getting nauseas now. I drank a fifth one day a few years back and put myself in the hospital in St. Louis with acute alcohol poisoning. I was drinking wild turkey anyways, so not top shelf stuff anyway.

I can't decide what is the worst part of this story.  The fact that you drank a fifth in one sitting, that you ended up with alcohol poisoning, that you were drinking Wild Turkey, that you landed in the hospital or that you were in St. Louis.

Baffling.  Truly baffling.   Huh?

Combine them all for a pretty bad day. I went to St. Johns Mercy Hospital, not what I had expected. I thought it was a Catholic hospital, in name only maybe.
Turkey is a fine tipple.  When my father turned 50, our pastor (at the time) gave him a bottle as a present.

Wherever there are three or four Catholics, there is usually a fifth.
(07-22-2009, 11:36 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: Turkey is a fine tipple.  When my father turned 50, our pastor (at the time) gave him a bottle as a present.

'so.k., WRC.

I'll laugh.

Aww, there now
(07-22-2009, 11:36 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: Turkey is a fine tipple.  When my father turned 50, our pastor (at the time) gave him a bottle as a present.

+1 for that... .