Fast Food Is Protestant?
Quote:Really, it's women are responsible for the refinement of civilizations.
Yes, but we get to do the conquering and pillaging. ;D
(05-30-2009, 07:53 AM)Jacafamala Wrote: Really, it's women are responsible for the refinement of civilizations.

That is like saying a grindstone is responsible for cutting.

(05-30-2009, 08:05 AM)didishroom Wrote:
To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women...that is best in life.
(05-30-2009, 08:17 AM)Rosarium Wrote:
(05-30-2009, 07:53 AM)Jacafamala Wrote: Really, it's women are responsible for the refinement of civilizations.

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women...that is best in life.

Why do you say that?
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.

And providing and protecting, too hopefully.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

(05-30-2009, 08:21 AM)Jacafamala Wrote: Why do you say that?

Because it is true, yet, not the full picture.
(05-30-2009, 08:17 AM)Rosarium Wrote:

My new best fwennnnd!    :laughing:
(05-30-2009, 07:53 AM)Jacafamala Wrote: Do you think the traditional family can be saved through good meals? I happen to think it's is a fact. You have the extended family and friends over for Sunday dinner once or twice a month, say grace together, eat, talk and the family stays united. It's really not so hard on if each person brings a part of the meal. But most of the time,  it's really up to a woman to orchestrate the whole deal. To set the table, to anticipate what all will be needed: the little things, like the lemon for someone's seltzer, who should sit where. God is in the details at such an event.
Actually, I learned most of my family meal preparation skill from a man (who is now a priest, he's a very good man).

(05-30-2009, 09:04 AM)Rosarium Wrote:
(05-30-2009, 07:53 AM)Jacafamala Wrote: Do you think the traditional family can be saved through good meals? I happen to think it's is a fact. You have the extended family and friends over for Sunday dinner once or twice a month, say grace together, eat, talk and the family stays united. It's really not so hard on if each person brings a part of the meal. But most of the time,  it's really up to a woman to orchestrate the whole deal. To set the table, to anticipate what all will be needed: the little things, like the lemon for someone's seltzer, who should sit where. God is in the details at such an event.
Actually, I learned most of my family meal preparation skill from a man (who is now a priest, he's a very good man).
I've learned some of my best recipes from a man, too. And he learned them from a woman. :laughing:

(05-30-2009, 09:01 AM)Rosarium Wrote:
(05-30-2009, 08:21 AM)Jacafamala Wrote: Why do you say that?

Because it is true, yet, not the full picture.

You are a man of few words and I can see that pulling this thought out of you is going to be a bit like extracting a bad tooth.

(05-30-2009, 09:36 AM)Jacafamala Wrote:
(05-30-2009, 09:04 AM)Rosarium Wrote:
I've learned some of my best recipes from a man, too. And he learned them from a woman. :laughing:

It was more ettiquete and proper behavior than food preparation. I don't know where he learned it. Probably his father, as he had a complete family I believe.