Fast Food Is Protestant?
(05-30-2009, 09:38 AM)Jacafamala Wrote: You are a man of few words
Succint I am.

Quote:and I can see that pulling this thought out of you is going to be a bit like extracting a bad tooth.
I mean that women are certainly are what you say, but they don't do it alone, like a man doesn't do things alone.
(05-30-2009, 09:39 AM)Rosarium Wrote:
(05-30-2009, 09:38 AM)Jacafamala Wrote: You are a man of few words
Succint I am.

Quote:and I can see that pulling this thought out of you is going to be a bit like extracting a bad tooth.
I mean that women are certainly are what you say, but they don't do it alone, like a man doesn't do things alone.

Well, certainly I would agree.

I'll only add that it it weren't for the women in my family these Sunday gatherings would never happen.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
(05-30-2009, 08:17 AM)Rosarium Wrote:
(05-30-2009, 07:53 AM)Jacafamala Wrote: Really, it's women are responsible for the refinement of civilizations.

That is like saying a grindstone is responsible for cutting.

(05-30-2009, 08:05 AM)didishroom Wrote:
Quote:Really, it's women are responsible for the refinement of civilizations.
Yes, but we get to do the conquering and pillaging. ;D
To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women...that is best in life.
Tuh snaikks, like dees!
I was told that men are needed to do the "exterior" stuff for civilization while women take care of the "interior." Too much of male influence leads to barbarism and too much of female influence leads to stagnation.
(05-30-2009, 12:00 PM)didishroom Wrote: I was told that men are needed to do the "exterior" stuff for civilization while women take care of the "interior." Too much of male influence leads to barbarism and too much of female influence leads to stagnation.

A house that's top heavy in male children sees a lot of broken bones, and a home with lots female children sees too many broken hearts.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

(05-30-2009, 12:43 PM)Jacafamala Wrote:
(05-30-2009, 12:00 PM)didishroom Wrote: I was told that men are needed to do the "exterior" stuff for civilization while women take care of the "interior." Too much of male influence leads to barbarism and too much of female influence leads to stagnation.

A house that's top heavy in male children sees a lot of broken bones, and a home with lots female children sees too many broken hearts.

Well said...
(05-30-2009, 12:43 PM)Jacafamala Wrote:

A home with lots of females has an inexplicable bathroom.

I think as a generality this is so true.

There have been a couple of conservative pundits who have credited women with being a civilizing influence. That's really only half the story.
(05-30-2009, 01:58 PM)Satori Wrote:

I think as a generality this is so true.

There have been a couple of conservative pundits who have credited women with being a civilizing influence. That's really only half the story.

What's the other half? Is it the part that comes in between the salad and the cake and coffee?

If you want to see what 'too much female influence' leads to take a look around today. 

The 'chickification' of America is everywhere in the portrayal of all men as either stupid bumblers or murderous louts.  This irks me beyond my ability to explain.